Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ready to Commit Myself
Enough_is_enough posted:
I am brand new to this board. I am 44 years old and have been struggling with complusive overeating and binging for 31 years. My weight has varied between 115 - 250 pounds during this time. (I am 5ft 6in.) I have lost between 80-100 pounds, 7 times in the past 2 decades. Each time, I had to fight constant cravings and the dread of somehow knowing it would all return. It has.

I have always been positive and successful in other areas of my life, with the exception of romantic relationships. (Could never make a romance work for longer than 6 months.) However, it now seems as though that resolve to keep my "out of control eating" from wrecking my life has been worn down. I feel like my entire life is falling apart. To make matters worse, to accept a new job - I moved "to the middle of nowhere" about 2 years ago. My binge eating had a field day.

There is a medical clinic but when I asked them about treatment for a potential eating disorder, they looked at me as though they didn't even know what that meant.

I feel as though I am up a creek & only sinking deeper. I have thought about an inpatient program. (This would provide the access, which I do not have on a day-to-day basis becaise fo the remote area I live.) I feel as though I am that desperate. The one that seems to want to work with me is Rader. However, I am trying to get some independent reviews & can only seem to find one & it was bad. The person shared that their medical director had her md license revoked for over-medicating. I googled it & turns out is is true. That's scarey - but, it was since re-instated.

My request ot you is: (1) Does anyone know of a good inpatient treatment facility for binge & compulsive eating? (2) Has anyone here been to Rader & how was it? (3) Any advice you'd like to share.

Thank you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm Emma, just your usual type of teen girl....but just on the surface. Of course, i go to school, love sports, eat healthy, have a big family...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.