Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
momcaresforu
momcaresforu posted:
Hi, My 16 year old son told me he has bulimia last night. One of his friends convinced him to tell me and I'm glad he did. But now I don't know what to do! I am reading everything I can about bulimia so I can help. Has anyone been to cognitive behavioral therapy? If so, did it help?

Bunnychic responded:
1. Biggest problem is Bingeing. Get rid of all junk food do he can't binge and mo binge means no purge. 2. Offer therapy, leave it totally up to him 3. Try to be there or him as much as you can.

That's all I got, I'm slight bulimic/anorexic but that's what I'd like. Then again I'm a 14 year old girl so...

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello. My story is pretty simple. I was a gymnast my entire life up until 5 years ago. Since I quit gymnastics I have begun to gain weight and started...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.