Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    My son has bulimia, help!!
    momcaresforu posted:
    Hi, My 16 year old son told me he has bulimia last night. One of his friends convinced him to tell me and I'm glad he did. But now I don't know what to do! I am reading everything I can about bulimia so I can help. Has anyone been to cognitive behavioral therapy? If so, did it help?
    An_246002 responded:
    would get him into theray asap. he may need inpatient treatment. it is very difficult to support someone with an eating disorder. but it is so important to have patience and love and understanding. there will be so many times when you may want to give up if he is very severe. teenagers are hard. My best friend took her life last year and she was severly bulimic, her parents wish desperately im sure, that they would have been more compasionate. i admire your enthusiasm to seek help and educate yourself! you are a good mom.
    sarahashley1211 responded:
    I''ve suffered from bulimia for a long time. I've never been to a therapist but I can offer what help I can.

    I know for me I am less likely to binge/purge if there is only health food around. My parents had control over when and what I would drive as well so I couldn't buy the food to binge and purge (now it is a lack of money keeping me from it). If you keep only health food he might be less likely to b/p. I'd also restrict his ability to drive so he cannot buy the food. Encourage healthy eating, always be there for him, never stop loving him, and pray. ED are hell and so hard to overcome. I hope he will recover fully. I'll be prayin' for him!
    Its not the little things in life that define you but the big things. We all make mistakes but those of us who refuse to give up are the hope of those with no hope. Help those in need. Spread hope.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    33 y.o. now, and was supposed to have ED behaviours kicked before I turned 29. I went to treatment immediately out of college and was in community wit...More

    Helpful Tips

    How to increase Font Size
    Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    11 of 21 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.