Skip to content
bulimia vs. borderline personality disorder
ronic88 posted:
recently went to the doc for the first time about eating issues i have struggled with for about 10 years. Im not under weight and recently have gained weight. ugh. so she told me she thinks i have borderline personality disorder and that my purging is a form of self harm? is this something anyone else has heard before? Purging is not my only symptom and this was my first time talking to a doctor. Im frankly embarrassed. I feel like a fatass and i dont know why i was seeking help in the first place. I told her that I was trying to stop on my own and that before, i was purging up to 4 times a day and i had lost 60 lbs in 4 months but i think she was just judging me on my bmi. I was reading about BPD and it is def something I could have but also says you can have it with EDs alot and other disorders. I dont plan on taking any medications for that because they all cause weight gain. and actually my doctor told me to lose 20 lbs. and i got depressed. i gained 6 pounds and felt bad so i cancelled my appointment because i was afraid of what she would say to me. i dont know what to do.

Spotlight: Member Stories

19. artist. mass. bio/pre-med student, also going to school for cosmetology. anorexic with bulimic tendencies for 8 yrs. (deemed recovered in januar...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.