Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Should I physically stop my daughter from vomiting?
    An_246655 posted:
    Last night, my 17 year old daughter revealed she had bulimia. Tomorrow morning I plan to call different treatment centers and get her in therapy right away. But what about today? Should I restrain her from vomiting? Do I follow her around all day and keep an eye on her?
    Now that I'm writing the questions it doesn't seem like I should do that at all but I would love to hear from professionals, bulimics and parents to see what they have done.
    Thank you
    PrInCeSsInNY responded:
    The WORST thing you could do is try to control her bulimia, ESPECIALLY when she admitted the problem to you. I understand that you want to protect her, but there are better ways to do it than others. Definitely have her see a counselor, maybe psychiatrist for meds, and a nutritionist. BUT one at a time and at a SLOW pace! Remember that eating disorders are about control not about food. It's a longggg road but recovery is possible..the sooner the better. I hope this helps

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Hey, I'm Liz. :) I'm a self-employed dancer and real estate agent born, raised, and living in Las Vegas. I'm a tiny (4' 11") Ital...More

    Helpful Tips

    How to increase Font Size
    Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    11 of 21 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.