Skip to content
Need some insite adive etc.
Anon_137341 posted:
Hello I have had anxiety, and deppresion disorder for over 10 years. I am 27 Now. As long as I can remember I have always gotten up in the middle of the night to eat. I currentley wake up any were from 1 to 5 times a nigt to eat....Ill make 3 or 4 hot dogs,,,some times eat 2 or 3 ice cream cones, etc...Have also been known to eat up to a half of a loaf of bread...putting butter on it then going back to bed....a lot of time I can only vagley remember these times of waking up and eating sometims not at all. on a few occasions I have made a plate of food and thn put it in the cubord and found it there later the next day. I once put a gallon of milk in the cabinet and didn't find it for i don't know how long it had been there lets just say the jug of milk was almost to the point of cumbusting. anyway....do i have a eating disorder, sleep disorder or what. I am a recovering alcoholic of 7 1/2 months. I am currently on ZOLOFT 150MG LIBRIUM 25MG AND AS NEED VISTERAL 25MG. As well naltrexzone 25mg as needed for craveings of alcohol. I use to be about 160-170lb i currently just hit 220lbs height of 5'8" Not sure what to do I have told my therapist....last week and he just asked me well how do you plan to overcome the eating in the middle of the night. I have tried to eat a small meal about a hour or two before bed but dosnt work. I don't relly eat much durring the day...which could be my entire problem right there. IDK...any insite ANYONE? THANK YOU!

Take the Poll

DO I HAVE A EATING DISORDER?
  • YES
  • NO
vote
View Poll Results

lostkate responded:
Hi, Im sorry no one has answered your posting, Im not on very much these days, Im really not sure how to answer but will try.

Have you spoken to your primary doctor, maybe they could give you something that will keep you asleep during the nite. Try to eat a little more during the day. Do you exercise? Try walking to help with your weight and sleep. I try an walk as much as possible it helps with both.

Your therapist doesnt sound like much help.

I hope that helped a little.

Kate

Oopsla replied to lostkate's response:
Hey Kate,

While I am free from BP and A I always monitor my condition and what I eat. I would say thankfully that where I am is totally ok with me. I just think to much about what to eat or not to eat.

Cheers
Oops

lostkate replied to Oopsla's response:
Its good to hear from you Oops, its been a long time. How are you?

I too think too much about a lot of stuff, especially my eating.

Kate

Oopsla replied to lostkate's response:
Doing well enough Kate. Some physical ailments and some rocky emotional times but all in all Oops has his feet under him again. We must also do stuff. The more we do the less we think. Thinking and rethinking gets us in a turmoil I think. We know what is right and wrong.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've suffered from EDNOS, Anorexia, and Bulimia for about 7 years. The cause is a longing for control and comfort because of many situations that ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.