Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
STRUGGLING!
rockingrachel64 posted:
Hi my name is Rachel I'm 19 and a freshman in college. I'm a normal weight but have anorexic behaviors. Lately it's gotten really bad to the point where I am very shaky and weak. I am a performer and especially in dance I compare myself to the other girls thinking how much better I'd be if I were skinnier, etc. I can't get my mind away from calories and fat and ughh.. everything else. The voice in my head that tells me negative things wont shut up. I feel like I'll never have a good enough body.. I feel like this is the only thing I can control when I can't control school or my family but lately it feels like too much.. I've tried talking to my mom and therapist but they dont help much... Any advice or anyone who could relate would be grately appreciated! Hope to hear from someone soon!
-Rachel

Oopsla responded:
Hey Rachel,

The biggest thing I realized is that 90% of me was were I wanted to be and that 10% needed work. Thinking of yourself as more whole rather then not measuring up is a good way to start. You must be kind to yourself and coax that 10% to come on board. When you concentrate too much on food/weight/image things get weird. And you know what I am talking about.

Do not starve the 90% because 10% won't listen. Rather take the 90 and show what you can do with dance and the love of life. That 10% will slowly see that is the way to go.

This is very simplistic but a good guideline I think about how to look at the situation as a whole. As you learn to love yourself for who you are yo can get into ome specific tweaking of you be it weight, image, or other.

It is ok to be you.

Simply,
Oops

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 16 and I've been battling anorexia for the past year. I'm 5'10 and 127 pounds. I hope on gaining weight in the near future...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.