Skip to content
chest pains
alloen posted:
for the past two weeks, i've had random, sharp chest pains. they could best be described as a stabbing feeling, happening every few days with sometimes just one or two episodes that are very short, or they've lasted up to nearly an hour with longer pains that ache more and reoccur often. my first episode, after having two panic attacks, a numb feeling spread from my shoulder down my left arm, and since then that hasn't happened, but the pain is there, sometimes triggered by anxiety and others not. on occasion, i will feel a pain on my right side, too.

i have a three year history of purging, and have had symptoms of a restrictive eating disorder since i was young. i was hospitalized two years ago in critical condition, and had no serious medical complications, and was considered a miracle. i've gone through a serious relapse since then, despite warnings that my health will most likely deteriorate if i go through one. i was purging multiple times a day, at the height at least five with little intake otherwise, but have since stopped purging and haven't in over a thirty five days. i'm working on straightening out my intake, and though my weight is lower than it should be, it is no where near my lowest.

i just wanted to know if anyone has any advice or has gone through a similar experience? i am honestly terrified of what this may mean.

Fanci7 responded:
Get medical attention.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i I'm 24 from Brooklyn New York I would like to start by saying that I always been an nice guys used to be very shy around people and timid when I...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.