Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help me?
An_250994 posted:
Since Janurary I've been a self harmer. Things have gotten more serious, and so have my stress. I believe I've recently devolped anorexia. Does this sound right? I feel fat. Disgusting. I'm always weighing myself, and usually starving. I just want to be pretty. I've tried purging, but I can't. Do I have it? Who should I tell? How can I tell my mom???

Take the Poll

Do you think this is anorexia?
  • Yes... totally
  • No... Not really
vote
View Poll Results

cf_405 responded:
Mother's know when something isn't right with their kids so I'm sure your mother is already wondering what's going on with you. I know its hard to sit down and tell your parents stuff like this trust me I was the same way when I was younger I always thought my parents would freak out but now that I'm a mom I say just tell her don't wait anymore because you need medical attention and her support. Don't be scared she will be so relived that you came to her for help I promise. There are doctor's that can help you don't live like this life is too short to be living like that.

An_250994 replied to cf_405's response:
Thank you. I will try... I just don't have any courage. Any tips??? On how to tell her...

Thanks again

Kwstar1 responded:
know how you feel it hurts so much good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi i am a 34 year old mother and 3 very sweet girls who right now are in foster care because of my eating disorder. I am fighting very hard to get the...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.