Skip to content
worried
An_251032 posted:
My 5 yr old grandaughter has been having problems witheating lately. She always says her stomach hurts and goes to the bathroom as soon as she smells the food, and if after 2 times of trying to poop, thenext thing we know she is throwing up. Can there be a such thing as a child that is 5 and will be 6 at the end of July, have a eating disorder already? I am at a loss and so is her dad. Any advice would really help.

alloen responded:
yes, it is entirely possible your granddaughter has an eating disorder.

it's guessed that my own eating disorder began at age eight or so, and was ignored by my parents because they were in denial. they were recommended by family, friends, and doctors multiple times throughout my life to have me evaluated, but they refused to listen. i'm nineteen now, and after nearly losing my life three years ago, i'm still stuck. the most important thing when it comes to recovery is early intervention --especially in children and teens.

i've seen girls her age hospitalized, talked to them, and watched them have to be forcibly tube fed --and it's the most heartbreaking thing i've ever experienced. please, get her help.

if you'd like, email me at alloendreams@aol.com --i could send you plenty of resources for helping her, finding treatment, and we could talk about her more, too.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am so fat i can't stand myself. i have never been this fat before. A while back i started eating ice cream every day. It was like an obsession. ...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.