Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Discouraged
Brandyb73 posted:
Hello group. I'm a 39 year old woman who has suffered for 20 years with this eating disorder. I am currently at about 100 pounds. I'm 5'1. People tell me..oh that's healthy. I know I look healthy, but the way I go about it is wrong. I just need to vent. I binged today and feel awful! I worked so hard yesterday. I push mowed for about 2 and half hours. I weighed when I got out of the shower and the scale said 99.6. I was happy. I want to get down to at least 97 pounds so I can freakin eat and not feel guilty!!! I have loose excess skin from all the ups and downs with my weight over the years. I have so much to say and am doing a sorry job of explaining my past and situation. I'm just upset. I'm ok as long as the scales read 100 and below. If I go over that its to the kitchen I go...then I obsess over everything. I'm OCD with the scales. Just feeling rotten.

PetuniaPea responded:
Hi Brandyb73,

It's been a month. Hope you're doing better. And I hope you can have a healthier relationship with food and with your body...here's some advice that's easier said than done...throw out the scale! Don't let it run your life!

Spotlight: Member Stories

i hate my life! I"LL ALWAYS HATE MY LIFE!!!!

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.