Skip to content
Anorexic concerns
AmberLockheart posted:
I have anorexia. No, I am not ready to quit, but I do have some worries. I have jaundice pretty badly, with a noticeable yellow tint to my eyes and skin. People notice.
What exactly does this mean, involving my overall health? I'm 5'8, 125 lbs, my heart rate at rest is 50 bpm, and I am lethargic all the time, even if I sleep for 14 hours.

PetuniaPea responded:
Hi AmberLockheart,

I'm not an expert, but I think it means your liver is not working very well...it's not getting the nutrients it needs to function at its best. This could explain your lethargy. What I'm advising is something you may have a hard time doing--eating, that is!--but you should include cruciferous veggies to your diet. They include an important antioxidant called glutathione that is great for helping improve liver function. Here's a site that talks about this and more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/glutathione-the-mother-of_b_530494.html

Hope you "quit" soon!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 29 F. I have been hoarding and binging since age 6. I remember the day my mother told me I was not allowed to eat certain foods, while the rest o...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.