Skip to content
Weight drop
Mimakak posted:
I am 28 years old. My weight is 43.8 kg. My height is 164 cm. My weight drops after a year of delivery. It was not more than 48.5. No appetite. I am concern about my weight. May be I have some depression but I don't take any medication. I don't have any physical problem. My blood is normal. My thyroid is normal too. I really need to solution to gain some weight. Any suggestions?

Sharia responded:
Dear Mimakak,
I was diagnosed with anorexia right after I turned 13. I was at a healthy weight a year later. I am 20 now, and I have maintained a healthy weight for six years. I know this doesn't make me an expert on how to gain weight healthfully, but I can tell you what worked for me. I know I couldn't have done this without the support and more importantly, the prayers, of my family, friends and teachers. There were a thousand circumstances that seemed orchestrated for the sole purpose of my recovery. First of all, I had two loving parents who didn't deny my problem and got me the help and medication I needed. While I was in the hospital, there was an older girl with an eating disorder who told me how anorexia had negatively affected her life, and she encouraged me to eat. The very day I got out of the hospital was my seventh grade orientation, where I met some of the favorite teachers I've ever had. One teacher in particular became a great mentor and encourager for me. She shared with me that she also had struggled with an eating disorder as a young woman. She told me that something her father used to do to motivate her to eat was take her to have root beer floats. In turn, she occasionally invited me to eat lunch with herself and some other teachers, and we always finished with root beer floats. Without these people praying for my health and encouraging me, I know I wouldn't have recovered. So my first piece of advice is to trust in God and turn all of your worries about your weight over to him. Yes, I'm a Jesus freak, but don't knock it till you try it. Recovery from an eating disorder is a very spiritual experience, so it helps to have a spiritual guide. Second, surround yourself with a good support group that will pray with you and encourage you. Third, think of all the people in your life who see you a s a role model and how they may copy your eating habits. My sister, who is 10 years younger than me, has always been a reminder that my actions effect others. Finally, I would tell you to remember that eating disorders are not solely a physical disease. It is a spiritual disease with drastic physical symptoms. you can't cure the symptoms without first treating the spirit, so your attitude is key. As long as your belief that nothing is wrong outweighs your desire to eat healthfully and live, you won't recover. Simple as that. So, if you are looking for a recipe for recovery from an eating disorder, here are the main ingredients that worked for me:
-A good support system
-A desire to recover greater than anything else
-God

I hope that you can find this advice helpful and applicable to your life whether you have an eating disorder or are just trying to gain some weight. I'll be praying for a solution for you, Mimakak.

Sincerely,
Sharia <3

Spotlight: Member Stories

i I'm 24 from Brooklyn New York I would like to start by saying that I always been an nice guys used to be very shy around people and timid when I...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.