Skip to content
Eating habits?
ahuganosh posted:
I have realised I have a tendency to just not eat. I won't have an appetite at all really, and will basically just fast until dinner, and then not eat much. But I don't have the fear of gaining weight that is associated with anorexia. I am 5'11" and 128.7 lbs, so underweight for my height. Any ideas if this is something just weird, and just an eating habit or something else?

PetuniaPea responded:
I'm not an expert, but it sounds like this could possibly be just a habit of yours.

If it concerns you, your in luck, because habits can be easy to change. Try making something easy for breakfast, like a smoothie with a banana and/or berries with a scoop of protein powder. It's easy to prepare, plus drinking something in the morning may be more appealing than eating something heavy.

If you don't like to eat much, but want to gain weight, try to incorporate healthy, high calorie foods throughout the day. For example, have an avocado for dinner. Eat 2-3 ounces of nuts during the day. Maybe add healthier oils to your food, like a tablespoon or two of olive oil or coconut oil. Even better, try nut butters like almond butter. These things will help you gain/maintain weight without you having to eat huge plate-loads of food.

Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am so fat i can't stand myself. i have never been this fat before. A while back i started eating ice cream every day. It was like an obsession. ...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.