Skip to content
Weird eating problem
aradiaz posted:
I am not sure if I have an eating disorder or what but I have a real problem. Lately I am finding it impossible to eat most foods. I am hungry - starving even - but when I try to eat the food disgusts me to the point I can barely eat more than a bite or two. This is food I have pretty much always eaten, but now the taste or texture or smell just makes me gag. This happens with almost everything I try to eat. No matter how hungry I am or how good is sounded before I tried to eat it. I am getting desperate!

I am I year post menopausal and am not on any new medications or anything. Can anybody help?

Thanks.

PetuniaPea responded:
Hi aradiaz,

Here's a directory that could guide you further on your quest to find out why you don't have an appetite. It could be an underlying medical condition. Not to scare you, but it could be anything from stress to cancer, Addison's disease or GERD, or many other things. Good luck, and I hope your appetite improves! http://www.medicinenet.com/loss_of_appetite/symptoms.htm

Spotlight: Member Stories

Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.