Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My ed is a secret
rsqer0517 posted:
I was morbidly obese. I have restricted and abused laxatives to the tune of a "normal" BMI. My doctor loves this. My husband is terrified of my weight loss but has no idea there are eating disorders. My family believes it's my fibromyalgia making me lose weight. I just feel like no one understands me at all

diytestkitsdotcom responded:
Hi rsqer0517,

I'm sorry that you feel as though that people don't understand you. Are you pressured to lose weight?

Also, try to see things from their perspective. Do they want you to lose weight for your well being or because they are embarrassed by you. If you see concern, this means that they love you and may just be worried over your health. Maybe, you also misunderstand them.

Get another doctor. If yours is just happy about you losing weight by any means shows how little concern he has for you.

Your husband is worried, for a good cause - he loves you and wants only what is best for you. He wants you to lose weight for your health but not at the expense of your safety. Instinct might be telling him that there is something wrong, because of the speed of the weight loss, making him suspicious.

Diet and exercise are your best bet to getting fit, definitely not through abusing the use of products like laxatives. Talk to your family, try to ask for their help and support in this journey you want to take. Help them understand how you feel, this way they can better help you in return.

Best of luck to you and take care!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 16 and I've been battling anorexia for the past year. I'm 5'10 and 127 pounds. I hope on gaining weight in the near future...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.