Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Helps with endo pain and prevention
cendofighter66 posted:
I know everyone dislikes menstraul pads.... Shoot... Us endo gals really dislike the whole menstraul cycle! I've done so much research and tampons and pads have Dioxins which r harmful to everyone who comes into contact with it... It's also been said that it causes endometriosis. I was a big tampon user and will never be again cause of the horror that is dioxins. The best thing to use is reusable pads made from organic fabrics and cotton, or cups.... But if ur like me being on your period is painful enough without having to wash your pads (which now that my pain has decreased I'm strongly thinking about using them) then please please use organic chemical free menstral pads. There not much more then regular dioxin pads and they help with the pain and r planet. I've had endo for 15yrs but recently was diagnosed Christmas Eve during a softball size cyst removal off my 1 and only ovary. I've been using those organic pads since the surgery and honestly I have a noticeable reduction of pain. I'm trying to go all organic food and everyday items so I'll let u know how that's going. ??. If anyone knows where to buy the reusable pads cheaper then $10 to $30 bucks a piece please let me know! Luck and Love to all my endo fighter sisters!??

anginaberryz responded:
Endometriosis can be treated with medications and/or surgery. The goals of endometriosis treatment may include pain relief and/or enhancement of fertility.
Some studies suggest that exercising regularly and avoiding alcohol and caffeine may lower your chances of developing endometriosis.While there is no cure for endometriosis, there are many treatments for the pain and infertility it causes. The treatment you and your doctor choose will depend on your symptoms, age and plans for getting pregnant. Options may include:
Pain medication. Your doctor may recommend over-the-counter or prescription drugs as a first step in treatment.
Hormone treatment. Pills, shots or nasal sprays may be a good option for women who have small growths without severe pain and do not want to become pregnant.
Surgery. Laparoscopy, laparotomy or hysterectomy are options for women who have many growths, severe pain or fertility problems.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 19 years old and was diagnosed with dysmenorrhea when I had my first period at age 11 years old. Four years ago, I was diagnosed with endometrios...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.