Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Endo and Fertility
danalh posted:
Hi, I was told by my gyn that I very likely have endometriosis based on the symptoms I've been experiencing. For the past six months, I have had excruciating pain during and several hours after sex if I try to have sex with my husband at all the week before my period. This is the most intense pain I've ever experienced, and is usually accompanied by nausea, sweating, and rectal pain. Not to mention, it makes my husband feel guilty even though it isn't his fault.

My doctor wanted to do a lap sooner rather than later to get a definitive diagnosis, but I opted to follow up in July and try to conceive in the next few months instead. We have been married for two years and started trying this month anyway. Now I'm feeling pressure to conceive in a short amount of time, but I will go forward with the surgery in July if I'm not yet pregnant at that time.

Have any of you had relatively little trouble conceiving and carrying a baby to term with endo? Do you have any advice or insight about the lap procedure? Anyone have similar symptoms, and how do you manage them? Any advice or support would be appreciated. I'm feeling scared and overwhelmed.

sparkplug4 responded:
Hi there. It definetly sounds like endo. I personally have had a hard time ttc. Pre lap and post lap. Dx stage 2. The problem with ttc with that much endo in you is that the scars and adhesions release toxic hormones and chemicals in your uterus that are not a sperm friendly environment. I have started using serrapeptase and it has been my life saver since the positive results of my lap only lasted a year. You are super fertile after a lap, so I would recommend getting it done sooner rather than later and start ttc after it is done, not before. I wish you the best of luck, endo is a horrible disease that unfortunately has no cure.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have shortened this some because i was noticing the beginning of a novel.lol.My name is Brandi i am 30 and I am one of the admins on the public Endo...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.