Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Non-stop period...!
Jbostic posted:
Hello,
I seem to have been on a period for MONTHS. All summer long and now into the fall. I'll bleed for 2 weeks, maybe longer, and have possibly 4 days off and start all over again. I was on Depo Provera for several years, but have been off of the shot for almost 2 years now. My husband and I have been unable to conceive and now I can't stop bleeding. Can anyone give me some insight? I'd be endlessly thankful.

~Jbostic.

hopeful2218 responded:
Hi Jb. I had a lot of the same issues as you. I would bleed basically for 80% of the month. It sucked!!!

This is definately something you want your doctor to address..perhaps taking a low dose birthcontrol pill can get you back on track...and you should be seen regardless, because bleeding for so long, can actually lead to anemia. So there are many many things that can be contributing to this, and your doctor should be your next stop.

Please remember a very important rule..if at any time you are filling a pad or tampon within 1-3 hours, go straight to the ER.

By the way, what you are experiencing is abnormal bleeding ( you can look on the right hand side of the screen, I had a Tip called, Is This a Period or Abnormal Bleeding)..so an ultrasound and some bloodwork and pelvic exam should be done. Also..since you aren't sure of when you are actually ovulating, I assume that has a little something to do with not getting pregnant.

Welcome to the board, and please keep us posted!!!!
me, 29 dx'ed with endo in 09 via lap, Fibro, RLS, SVT, MS. Administrator to this board.

Jbostic replied to hopeful2218's response:
Thank you so much for replying so swiftly. Alot of people have suggested being put on the pill to help even things out and, I will admit it, I am being stubborn about it because going back on BC feels like a step backward.. though non-stop abnormal bleeding isn't helping anything I'm sure.

Also thank you for the kind welcome and I will keep you posted. Thanks again.

~J Bostic.

brandib01 replied to Jbostic's response:
i understand the step back thinking. i was the same but it is nearly impossible to get pg if you are not even a little regular. as i tolod the other lady who did not gets periods for months the same applies to short cycles. if your body is not ovulating then it can think it needs to cycle again.
that was one of my indicators for going to the doctor i had 2 periods same as you described yours within the same month for arounds 2 weeks each time. they did blood test and found i was not ovulating later confirmed due to endo which i am not suggesting you have.

women cycles are very finiky. but if you are not ovlulating then your body thinks the cycle is done and it's time to start another i would see your doc and explain. think of birth control as a short break. i have been on and off it tring to regulate. the theory is it will straighten out your cycle and jup start your hormones and they will usually suggest TTC as soon as you are back off them.

do you OPK test?

please keep us posted
I am brandi 27dx'ed.infertile06'w/male factor also-first lap 09'endo stageIV/PCOS/2-m/c08'09'my loves hormone deficient 7 rounds of clomid~~co admin..

Jbostic replied to brandib01's response:
I'm coming to see the light on the bc issue. At this point it's been so long that I just want it to stop. I would love to just live a semi-normal life without a non-stop bleeding issue. I do see the Dr on the 14 and we'll see what they say then.

Not sure what an OPK test is, sooo...probably not. lol

hopeful2218 replied to Jbostic's response:
I totally understand what you are saying. But this abnormal bleeding can start to cause some serious issues for you. Going on bcp's isn't a step backwards..it's taking a step forward to correct a problem you are having now...that's also the beauty of bcp's you can stop at any time without consequence..other than a period.

Talk to your doctor..and feel free to ask as many questions as you would like!!!!
me, 29 dx'ed with endo in 09 via lap, Fibro, RLS, SVT, MS. Administrator to this board.

brandib01 replied to Jbostic's response:
that is it completely. you can't expect to get pregnan if your not healthy. a healthy mommy equals a healthy baby. lol .. that used to irritate mut but it is true.

an OPK is an Ovulation Predictor Kit
it is a test which acts like a pregnancy test but you have to take it every day for about a week around the time you are supposed to ovulate to see your most fertile days and you peak day.

good luck at the doctors and keep us posted
I am brandi 27dx'ed.infertile06'w/male factor also-first lap 09'endo stageIV/PCOS/2-m/c08'09'my loves hormone deficient 7 rounds of clomid~~co admin..

Jbostic replied to brandib01's response:
I saw the Dr yesterday and they surprised me with a "Lets go ahead and do a Pap while you're here." yay me. All in all they decided they didn't want to put me on bc right now. My blood pressure is constantly borderline and they want to get that under control before putting me on a pill that would raise my blood pressure. Understandably. They also took blood for a Thyroid test and to test if I was anemic. Before the day was out I got a call back and apparently my hemoglobin was down to 7.5 So they're pumping me full of vitamins and iron and seeing me again in two weeks.

hopeful2218 replied to Jbostic's response:
I am happy you went to the doc. Bleeding that long can really lead to some horrible conditions or side effects..and at some points a very scary senario.

I am happy they are getting some vitamins in you..your body is tired and needs to get healthy again. Just like brandi said..healthy mommy makes healthy baby!

Keep us posted!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with endometriosis 3 years ago after having the worse pain you could possibly think of during sex. I have it mainly on my right ovary....More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.