Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
getting to know you !!!!! forevers and evers and evers
brandib01 posted:
for all the new members this is a little post we do just for fun. talking about our issues can sometimes get depressing or we just need a little mental break so we post about things completely unrelated.

*******please still post to the roll call when it is done with your standard update ******

so what to do what to do.

well the way i see it no matter how hard we try alot of our medical issues are out of our hands and so we ocd over something else we know we can control. what is a quirk of yours that has to be "just so" whether it is funny or bothersome or just plain strange.?

one thing that i do that just annoys the crap out of my husband is i look at my food and my drink first everytime before i take a bite or even a sip.. i am just so paranoid that there will be a rogue onion or bug or something.. ha ha.. oh well

just a little more insight.
I am brandi 27dx'ed.infertile06'w/male factor also-first lap 09'endo stageIV/PCOS/2-m/c08'09'my loves hormone deficient 7 rounds of clomid~~co admin..

Kgolphe responded:
one thing that i do that annoys the crap out of my husband is that i have the worst memory ever! My husband actually calls me nemo because i will tell him something over and over, even if i just told him something two minutes ago, i will ask him, "hey did i tell you about this yet?" We always laugh and joke about it and i just tell him it's my blonde comming out! Then i correct him when he calls me nemo and say "actually it is Dori to be exact! haha

Jillie02baMom responded:
I remove EVERY spec of fat or grisel from meat before I'll consider putting it in my mouth. That drives him crazy. He'll finish a whole steak before I'm finished disecting mine.

Also, I don't eat the last bite of a sandwich. That's genetic. My mom says, "that's the piece that's been in my fingers the whole time and it might have more germs." It's completely irrational but it stuck from when I was a little girl!

I have many, many things that drive dh crazy, that's just the food related things ;)
~jill ~~ttc since 01, dx'ed endo via lap 05, 2nd lap

ohbrandy responded:
I tend to tell the same stories over and over and that really bothers him. lol.

quirks.. hmm...

wehenver my work has sandwhich trays or pizza trays out for parties in the break room i wont eat them. bc i have no way of knowing who touched them or how long theyve been out and i dont want to get food poisining lol.

that probably goes along with my insane fear of vomiting. its crazy. it scares the crap out of me.
Brandy...AKA Duece! 25yo.Officially jumping on the TTC train. Diagnosed with Endo 4-10, I.C. 2-09, reoccuring kidney stones 10-08. The one who is like a mosquito on crack!

BrittneyisaMommy responded:
i try to micromanage everything in my house now... it is never organized enough for me! I cant control the havoc that my body is causing my uterus... but I can control the havoc that is my house :)
Mommy to a 2 year old little girl and a 1 year old little boy. Diagnosed with Endo. after DS was born. But trying to work through the pain without to many heroic measures.

CityPixie replied to BrittneyisaMommy's response:
Hmmm. This is a tough one for me. Let's see. I'm not at all a neat freak but one thing that bugs me is the way shoes are positioned. I guess we pick some of these quirks up from our parents. This is a thing that bugs my dad: The left shoe must be positioned on the left and the right, on the right. If I'm visiting someone's house and the shoes are backwards next to their door or something...i'll have to switch 'em. It is sort of a back luck thing in my mind.
About me: A pixie in the city. Age 41. TTC 1 Since May 2010. Married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug 2010.

banda813 responded:
haha, this ones funny.

I ALWAYS let my dishes soak in water in the sink before putting them in the dishwasher. Drives my husband insane. I guess it's from growing up and I was the dishwasher.

brandib01 replied to banda813's response:
that's great because i hand wash all dishes brfore i put them in the dishwasher like soap and all and refuse to start the washer half full .. gotta love growing up poor with chores lol
I am brandi 27dx'ed.infertile06'w/male factor also-first lap 09'endo stageIV/PCOS/2-m/c08'09'my loves hormone deficient 7 rounds of clomid~~co admin..

mcgalla responded:
I love to cook but sometimes its nice to have my husband cook for me. My quirky habit is I like to have the cooking process and everything in the kitchen the way I do it. I usually end up "standing over him" and start taking over. I guess its a control thing. It drives him crazy! I've made progress though, the other night he offered to make dinner and so I went upstairs to fold laundry so I couldn't watch what was going on. When I sat down to eat dinner it was one of the most enjoyable and stress free meals I had in a long time!
Carrie

banda813 replied to mcgalla's response:
We have the whole "You cook, I clean rule" so I LOVE to cook! ;) I've learned to let go when he decides to cook, it's not very often and I like to make him feel good by letting him do it all by himself. He does tend to use more dishes than I do...which of course means I have to clean them!

hopeful2218 replied to banda813's response:
Brandi! What a great getting to know you!

Some of you know my pet peeve of spots on a stainless steel anything, if I come over and your bathroom sink has water spot stains..i will clean them incognito.

The cooking thing definately applies to me as well.

But my main"issue" is when I cook...normally I can't eat it..it scares everyone I cook for..like I put poison in it..but I honestly don't know why. I might be able to take a bite or something..but that's as far as I can go.

And if you chew your food with your mouth open, I have to leave the table.
me, 29 dx'ed with endo in 09 via lap, Fibro, RLS, SVT, MS. Administrator to this board.

mcgalla replied to hopeful2218's response:
Chewing food with an open mouth would make me want to leave the table too. My husband blows his nose at the table during and after eating and that really annoys me!
Carrie

keabird replied to mcgalla's response:
Ooh...sorry for being MIA to the forum for a few days, but this looks fun! Regarding the dishwashing conversation--just curious, but does anyone here do dishes by hand and use the dishwasher as a drying/storage rack? :-)

As for my personal quirk (one of many), I am the proud owner of two really cute froggies!

brandib01 replied to keabird's response:
i do that also along with some of the others
this GTKY seems to have backfired on me because i realize that i am a really quirky person. i think it has gone from quirks to OCD lol oh well

hopeful2218 replied to brandib01's response:
nahhh they are quirks and quirkiness is cool!
me, 29 dx'ed with endo in 09 via lap, Fibro, RLS, SVT, MS. Administrator to this board.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Brooke and I'm 31 years old. I had a TAH with the removal of my ovaries at 28. I searched for answers as to what was wrong with me...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.