Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
So you told me to use you... :)
BrittneyisaMommy posted:
So I guess this is a survey of sorts that I would love you all to weigh in on. There are basically three questions.

1.) What do you do for the pain? This could be herbs / supplements OTCs or perscriptions. Also how do you feel that it works?

2.) What other treatments do you use to counteract the other issues of endo? Do you take BCPs? Did you take the Lupron plunge? Anything... I just want to know more about different treatments other than pain meds...

3.) Has anyone had success with surgery for TTC? (any tips for TTC right now actually would be helpful!)

Thanks ladies. I dont want any disagreements here. If you dont agree then just say that you dont agree... don't make a fight please Thanks

Brittney
Mommy to a 2 year old little girl and a 1 year old little boy.  Diagnosed with Endo. after DS was born. Two M/C 9/2010 & 11/2010.  Waiting anxiously for answers on how to STAY PREGNANT!  

Jillie02baMom responded:
1. The thing that has given me the most relief, oddly enough, is water. I was dreading going to the bathroom during my period because I seemed to have more pain after. So I wouldn't drink as much to avoid it. When I started drinking more water during AF, she got manageable. I was slept through the night for the first time in years, and it worked on the pain for several months until...
2. I went on depo provera in October for endometrial cysts on my cervix and in my cul-de-sac. So far so good, but lots of bleeding lately for the last 10 days.
3. I have had no success in any attempt at TTC for nearly 10 years now. I was trying a special diet (my own concoction) of foods high in vitamins good for TTC. I can email you the pages. Good luck!

Good survey!
jillie
~jill ~~ttc since 01, dx'ed endo via lap 05, 2nd lap

CityPixie responded:
1) Tylenol. Advil is counterindicated for TTC I think it is bad for implantation?
2) No other treatments here.
3) I did have a surgery to remove a cyst from my ovary. Both ovaries have responded to the fertility meds but I have no idea if they were already working fine before the surgery or not. As you know I'm not TTC yet but my tip is that endo is a good enough excuse to go for the big guns if you can afford it. I've tried 2 IUIs and I think we're going to go for IVF next cycle. Good luck!!!
About me: A pixie in the city. Age 41. TTC 1 Since May 2010. Married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug 2010.

brandib01 responded:
good post

1) i take ibuprophen for everyday cramps and norco on my cycle days. which seems to be the combination that works the best in addition to the use of heating pads and taking very warm showers

2)since i have been TTC it has limited many treatments. i have been on and off different BCP's throughout the process to manage my endo during the in between times like leading up to surgeries or in between fertility treatments. which are great for pain but make me very sick and give me migraines. any sort of hormone change does not agree. my main issue is not ovulating on my own and obviously my endo likes it that way lol.

3) i have yet to have a successful pregnancy but i have done 7 rounds of clomid and had 3 iui's yet my 2 pg's were conceived naturally one out of the blue and 1 within 2 months of my lap. if you are needing another lap it seems to be easiest to become pg afterwards when you have been "cleaned out". i would be happy to answer any questions about TTC if i can. i have done a ton of research as i am sure most have .
I am brandi 27dx'ed.infertile06'w/male factor also-first lap 09'endo stageIV/PCOS/2-m/c08'09'my loves hormone deficient 7 rounds of clomid~~co admin..

BrittneyisaMommy replied to brandib01's response:
Thank you so much for your replies. I have not heard of norco... Can it cause constipation? I am now taking tylenol with codine on the worst days. And whew it does cause constipation and who really wants to deal with that?

I cannot take BC of any kind because the hormones kill me! It's bad. My head pounds and I want to throw up!

as for TTC i can get pregnant but i cant stay pregnant and as far as i know i ovulate every month... (at least my body is doing one thing right LOL) hopefully i can start to TTC in Jan again and we will go from there. i am still hoping to not go crazy TTC so that hubby has performance anxiety or something... it can happen and i dont want the TTC to make sex feel like work... (TMI?) But the game plan now is to track my cycles and ovulations and hope for the best.. that could all change tom LOL
Mommy to a 2 year old little girl and a 1 year old little boy. Diagnosed with Endo. after DS was born. Two M/C 9/2010

brandib01 replied to BrittneyisaMommy's response:
norco is like vicodin but with less acetominophen it has half the amount becuase it makes me ill. i have toen up my stomach lining from the ace. in tylenol taking it trying not to have to take RX pain meds. so it works great if i take half at a time and on a regular time schedule during AF.and when kept low it doesn't affect BM's too much but mine are screwed up anyway lol.

and i completely understand on the TTC starting to feel like work. it can take the fun out of it. which is why a print out my ovulation calender and put it on the fridge heck anyone who knows us knows what we are going through so who cares it's my house and that way i do not have to hound him about whether we are going to do "it" or not he can see and i test and he can decide whether he wants morning evening etc..lol.. and when i test as long as i tell him when i peek in a dirty way its ok. we don;t use the TTC words like im ovulating that is a mood killer in itself. he knows if i am being aggresive during that week then it;'s on lol..
I am brandi 27dx'ed.infertile06'w/male factor also-first lap 09'endo stageIV/PCOS/2-m/c08'09'my loves hormone deficient 7 rounds of clomid~~co admin..

do you use OPKs or a monitor? a friend of mine was braggin up this saliva monitor thing at walmart and they discontinued the stinkin think LOL! so i am always curious about different testing rituals
Mommy to a 2 year old little girl and a 1 year old little boy. Diagnosed with Endo. after DS was born. Two M/C 9/2010

hopeful2218 replied to BrittneyisaMommy's response:
I personally have had great success with lupron. But it is a drastic measure, and I would not recommend it if you are ttc anytime in the future.

I take vicodin's, without any APAP (tylenol) this gives me a direct narcotic pain killer, and does not upset my bm's. BUT, I seem to react completely opposite to what a drug is supposed to do. Like me taking my vicodin's is the only way I can have a bm. If I don't take any..I'll go 2 weeks without a bm.

A lot of women report that 0-6 months post-op, they concieve naturally, and have a successful pg.

But heating pads, heat heat heat, can help the pain..and as far as the ttc, brandi is by far the guru in this area!

I hope you will keep us posted...wishing you nothing but the best of luck!!!!
me, 29 dx'ed with endo in 09 via lap, M/C 12/24/09, currently on 2nd round of Lupron, Fibro, RLS, SVT, MS. Administrator to this board.

BrittneyisaMommy replied to hopeful2218's response:
oh man lupron... why does that word seem like a swear word? LOL i think i am just so scared of it because i dont know anything about it... yes i know it can be a controversial treatment but I am not for or against it cuz i dont know enough about it yet LOL... that is strange that you are so okay with narcotic pain meds and having bms... i know i am the exact opposite. sometimes i have an arguement with myself... out loud of course LOL! like okay well is my pain bad enough to take tylenol with codine and if it is... did i take it lately... have i pooped since i took it last... if yes than if i just drink milk or have cereal will that counter act the codine in the tylenol... LOL my poor husband

brandib01 replied to BrittneyisaMommy's response:
that sucks that you are having BM issues with meds... kind of ruins the only relief option we have.
i have not heard of the saliva thing that sounds much nicer than the pee sticks lol..i always felt a little dirty showing my husband them and asking how dark the line looked or when i switched to the digital peeing and seeing a a smiley face. although simple just didnt seem right lol.. and those tests get expensive so i switched to buying them in bulk online..
but the norco like i said seems to be easier on my tummy and my BM.

thats good. yeah i think that those pee stick OPKs are so open for interpretation its insane! and i would feel the exact same way... honey dont think bout the fact that i peed on this thing... just tell me if you see two dark lines and if the test line is as dark or darker than the control line

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey everyone, my names Susan.I live in the South Jersey area and i am 21 years old and had endo pain since i was a preteen. I was diagnosed with endo ...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.