Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Lyrica for endometriosis pain
An_200890 posted:
Has anyone been prescribed lyrica for endometriosis pain? My friend has, and she's completely miserable! It's not helping her at all. And her pain doc tells her that narcotics won't help with endo pain. But I don't understand why fibromyalgia meds would be prescribed for endo, when it has nothing to do with the nerves?

martiesgurl responded:
Hey there, I just wanted to share with you that I was prescribed Gabapentin which is another treatment for fibro. It did help me and I think the doctor explained it that sometimes the endo cells can attach themselves on our nerve endings and therefore treatments more commonly used for Fibro works for those women. Your friend wont know for sure until she gives it an honest try. Hope this helps and I hope your friend feels better!

Sadie

BrittneyisaMommy replied to martiesgurl's response:
sadie... ur right... my doc said mine has only attached to nerve cells, and that if i have pain anywhere in my body it could be from endo if no other reason is found that is...
Mommy to a 2 year old little girl and a 1 year old little boy. Diagnosed with Endo. after DS was born. Two M/C 9/2010

Julendo responded:
There is research showing that endo spreads through the paths of least resistance, like the channels created by nerves and lymph/blood vessels. So it does have something to do with nerves. But it's not true that narcotics won't help--they will help with almost any pain because they shut off the pain signals at the brain level.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm from Louisiana & was diagnosed with stage 3 Endo in 2006 following my 1st lap! I've had 2 more laps since then & I'm so th...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.