Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Thursday Roll Call !!!
hopeful2218 posted:
Hey Ladies!!!

How are you all doing this morning? I am doing ok..extremely tired lately..I assume it is due to my hormone changes, and I just want to sleep for a month...my pain is still gone due to my lupron..Yay! But I am in a hot flash hell lately! Thank god it's cold by me...

So off the subject of our utee's...anyone watch jersey shore? My name is Amanda and I am addicted to jersey shore...so thursday's are a fun day for me!

Hope everyone is feeling well.....

Love and painfree days/moments to you all!!!!!
me, 29 dx'ed with endo in 09 via lap, M/C 12/24/09, currently on 2nd round of Lupron, Fibro, RLS, SVT, MS.  Administrator to this board.

brandib01 responded:
i sooo love jersey shore and my husband does tooo..lol... we are addicted 9:00 tonight baby ha ha.. i will soo fist pump when i go out its almost sad. but i just love watching people who are a hot mess.

hot flashes suck. oh and since i already replied to you but i just did it. i officially have an appointment with an RE on monday at 11. i really hope it works out. fingers crossed.
my sister has the same ob as me and she said he was asking where i had been because it has been about 2 months since i went in last and he told her to have me make an appointment because he was concerned and wanted to make sure i wasn't getting worse and that my endometrioma hadn't gotten bigger which i'm sure it has but i want to see this other doc first. my ob is soo great that i almost feel like im cheating on him lol...
but other than that i am ok. on day 9 of AF just spotting which is annoying but only minimal cramping for now.

pain free days/moments to everyone.
Brandi 27dx'ed.infertile06'w/male factor also-first lap 09'endo stageIV/PCOS/2-m/c08'09'my angels hormone deficient 7 rounds of clomid~~co admin..

hollyri replied to brandib01's response:
Well, I'm probably one of the only people in the country who doesn't watch Jersey Shore. I was born in Jersey, and it just disgusts me that these people are representing my home state. Even though I only lived there a year, I still take it personally when people show New Jersey to be a dirty place filled with morons. But I also understand the need for mindless entertainment and the fact that we can't turn away from train wrecks, lol. And from the little I know about the show, they seem like a HUGE train wreck.

Hot flash help coming up:
*dress in layers
*wear natural fibers
*drink TONS of water
*limit alcohol and tobacco (one martini, and I was on fire)
*stress triggers them and makes them a heck of a lot worse
*30-second vacation in your mind (close your eyes and lie on the beach with your toes covered in warm sand)
*spritz some lavender water on your face or neck
*chill a water bra (do they even make those now? they were the best thing ever when I was on Lupron) and wear it in the afternoons when you might be more stressed
*fruits and veggies
*exercise (30 minutes a day actually helps)
*the best thing ever was Bellaspas which was an rx med that I took to sleep. I still had hot flashes all night and woke up in a saturated bed, but I slept. Before Bellaspas, I would sleep about 20 minutes and then have a hot flash and not be able to sleep again for hours. Then it would happen again. I was a zombie for months.

I hate hot flashes, and I am getting them again now that I'm getting older. I also keep a small hand fan (you know the kind that folds up and can be whipped out) with me in my purse and at work. Very helpful because I can get immediate relief.

--end hot flash help

I think I sat way too long yesterday. I drove an hour to school. I got to school around 2 and worked in the computer lab till 5:45. Then I had class from 6-10. Then I drove home which took an hour. So I sat most of the time except for when I walked from the parking lot to the building and when our instructor had us all stand up and stretch and dance (yes, this is grad school: bizarre, but we needed it, lol). And when I got home last night, my right hip was KILLING me. It was so stiff and sore. It's better now, but I just needed to whine, lol.

sammyanne56 responded:
Hey guys, I haven't posted very often on here but I am in need of some support. This has been a week from hell for me and AF. I actually had to leave work early on mon cuz I just couldn't take it anymore. Struggled thru tues, finally went and bought some castor oil to help. My pain meds just haven't been helping, the oil gave me a bit of releif so I at least could sleep a bit. Unfortunatly yesterday was the longest work day of the week for me almost 12 hours, needless to say I came home to my hunny and cried. Put on my brave face again today and am now sitting at my desk with my heating pad wishing I was at home. I am just sooo tired and drained. I am waiting to get in to see an endocrinologist (at least 6 more months) that day can't come soon enough. I kinda feel at a lose of what to do...

Well I hope everyone else is having better days :)

brandib01 replied to sammyanne56's response:
sammy i am sorry you are in soo much pain. i understand i took off friday for AF. i was out of pain meds and just knew i wasn't going to be able to be of much use so i opted to stay home. i sat on the couch all day in my jammies.

i would suggest when you go home today if you can stop and get some like lavender bath salt and just soak in a hot bath. the lavender is extremely calming.and the heat from the hot bath will help with the pain.
we also suggest taking melatonin. it's an over the counter natural sleep aid so it is non addicting and it is what your body naturally produces when you sleep. it should help you sleep some in addition to your pain meds and burns off with sunlight.
Brandi 27dx'ed.infertile06'w/male factor also-first lap 09'endo stageIV/PCOS/2-m/c08'09'my angels hormone deficient 7 rounds of clomid~~co admin..

martiesgurl responded:
Hey yall,

Sorry I haven't been on much lately... going thru some stuff, down in the dumps cuz I hurt so frickin bad and I can't get into any docs around here (not sure why I wud want to, they all suck anyways but the point is that I can't see anyone for at least 2 weeks excet ER and they don't do anyhting either). So I'm depressed, bummed, hurting, and only functioning cuz I got some pills from my daddy.....

But I am still alive and I'm sure I will brighten up as soon as my new pain stops. Cuz like I needed more pain added on to my old right?

Sorry... don't mean to be the pooper of the group!

Oh and jersey shore... love it!!!

Sadie

hollyri replied to martiesgurl's response:
I second Brandi's recommendation of Melatonin. I get the Natrol brand, and it's time release 5mg. I actually sleep better, and I have read it helps with fibro pain. I figure if it can help with fibro, perhaps it can do something for other auto-immune diseases. I've only been doing it a couple of weeks now, but I have noticed I'm sleeping better and waking up feeling good. I used to wake up with the worst back pain ever, but I haven't had that in a while now.

As for relief from pain now, well, I wish I knew. Yoga sometimes helps or just stretching in general (I know, it sounds silly when you're doubled over to try to stretch, but it does help a bit). Also, maybe starting some changes during the month. It won't help you right now, but it might help later. The 2 weeks before your period, try limiting your dairy and red meat. Keep eating it, but just cut back a bit. Start fish oil each day or eat more salmon (that's what I'm starting to try now). Eat more seeds and nuts and dried fruits to get some good oils. I've read all this stuff helps. I admit that I will try something, but I don't think I ever give anything enough time. I'm getting better at sticking with things though. When you get through this month, see if some of this helps in the next few months.

Sorry so many folks are in pain right now. I hope relief comes soon.

mcgalla replied to hollyri's response:
Hey ladies, how is everyone doing today? I'm feeling pretty good. Excited to go out to dinner tonight with my husband!

So I have to agree with Holly, I don't watch Jersey Shore because I was born and raised here, but I can understand the entertainment value of it. And if I didn't live here I would probably watch it too! Thank goodness what is on the show is not really what most of NJ is like :-)

Sadie-sorry you are feeling so bad, hope the pain goes away and you start to feel better soon!
Carrie

ohbrandy replied to mcgalla's response:
I know I'm a bit late on the roll call but i worked 1230 to 9 today. I'm a pharmacy tech now. its frustrating at times bc people are so damn impatient but when you do over 500 scripts a day you have to expect a wait!

My endo is back full force, I can feel it. Super long, heavy, clotty period, tremendous amount of pain. I take two 800 ibprofens a day bc its all I have right now. it takes the edge off sometimes but thats about it. I'm going to my ob on the 10th of march, closest i could get, in hopes of getting some relief....
Deuce!

BrittneyisaMommy replied to ohbrandy's response:
so first of all i just want to say that my doctor is awesome! and i am glad i live in a small town... most of the time you can get in within 2 days! and i am a worrier so that is awesome for me.

i am exhausted so i am just going to turn in...

holly ditto about sticking with things i read a whole big article about how vite e omega 3s and evening primrose oil is supposed to help with endo ... never stuck with it enough days consecutively yet to weigh in on that however.... but the Endo bath... i posted in in the tips section awhile ago. It is heavenly. I got the calgon lavendar salts and a lavendar and vanilla candle and i sit in HOT water and breath :) so relaxing and just what i need honestly. Hope it helps anyone else who is in pain. it doesnt last forever but if you are a pain med horder like some of us are and you wind up waiting for the pain to reach a 10... it will hold the pain at bay until your meds kick in :)
Mommy to a 2 year old little girl and a 1 year old little boy. Diagnosed with Endo. after DS was born. Three M/C 9/2010, 11/2010,

Angie22PR replied to BrittneyisaMommy's response:
Hello ladies:

Been super busy lately... the Lupron is still working although I wake up soaking wet from the night sweats from time to time. I am supposed to be done with Lupron on April and I am seriously feeling the blues about that. I KNOW I can't stay on Lupron forever and I also know is not good for you... but I am so happy and pain free... I haven't feel like this is SOO LONG! I am dreading having AF again and all the cramping, irritability, blah blah blah that I am sure is coming sooner than later. I am a positive person, and usually the Lupron relief last for about a year, but I know the pain will come back.

I am hoping I can figure something out and be done with school when that happens so I can finally join the TTC group.
Anyways.... that's about it. I KNOW I SHOULD BE HAPPY OF BEING PAIN FREE and I AM ... I'm just dreading the inevitable.

Peace and Health,
Angie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 24 years old. I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 16 and endometriosis in December 2009 after having a LAP, among several other things. I al...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.