Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Cramping After Hysterectomies
armywifee posted:
Its been a year since Ive had a partial hysterectomy. They only took out my uterus and left my cervix and ovaries. Is it common to still have menstural cramps and feel like you're going to have a period?

ammiller2218 responded:
Hi Army, and welcome to the board. Yes, it is very common for you to feel cramps and pain. If you don't mind sharing more info about yourself, we can help with advice a bit more.

Why did you have a hysto?
How old are you?

If you had it removed due to Endometriosis, I'm sorry to say that most women report having pain return within 6months to 1 year of their hysto's. When they leave the ovaries, you are still producing estrogen, which is what Endo feeds off of. It is very important to keep an eye on this, since your uterus is gone, Endo can grow anywhere in the body. Here is a website that you may find useful.

www.hystosisters.com

I hope you will keep us posted, and I hope you get some pain relief soon!!!

Best Wishes!!!
29, dx'ed via lap 09, Fibro, RLS, IBS, MS, M/C 12/24/09 xoxox's, 2 completed rounds of lupron, Administrator to this board.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Maria. I'm 24 years old with a gorgeous 2-year-old daughter. When I was 12 I got my first period, and it all started. Pain so severe I&...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.