Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
update: Had my 6 week post op
endo2002 posted:
Well ladies. Sorry I have been absent for the last 3 weeks. I have had a very stressful 3 weeks. I had to return to work ready or not. Ripped my belly button incision twice. My best friend was murdered and now I am working 9 days straight. So it's been crazy stressful...

I had my 6 week post op today. Well. My 1st doctor to diagnois me lied out of her teeth. Almost all of the report was wrong.

This time:
1. I have what my doctor would say is Stage 1 endo. I had only 8 eights of endo on the cul-de-sac area.
2. I had scar tissue on my bowels and few endo implants.
3, My tubes and ovaries look prefect.
4. Doctor found I have cervical stenosis. My cervix is closed too tight for anything to go in but little to come out.

Anyways. Has anyone ever had IUI for cervical stenosis? My doctor is saying that is my option for pregnancy.
Tabitha

jenkoelenko responded:
I'm so sorry for your loss Tabitha! The last few weeks really have NOT been kind to you! Even though you have to be back at work, still take it easy... don't push yourself too hard! Continue to let us know how you're doing!
~Jenna 24 ttc since 2/07, dx'd w/ endo stage IV via lap, 1 round lupron, 4 rounds of clomid -Smiles are contagious and should be spread like wildfire

hollyri responded:
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That sounds terrible. I hope you are doing all right, and I hope that the person responsible is brought to justice.

As for IUI, I've done a few of them. I did mine with clomid and femara (not the same month obviously). Each time, I was monitored with ultrasounds to check the size of the follicles, bloodwork to check e2 levels, and ovulation predictor kits to determine when the best time for the IUI would be. They also did an HCG shot the day before the IUI or the day of depending on the size of the follicles. I'm sorry to say that IUI didn't work for me, but I have a lot of reproductive issues that prevented pregnancy.

Best of luck to you.

cfoss915 responded:
oh my goodness Tabitha. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you find peace and that the person responsible is held accountable.

I'm sorry to hear that your doctor was wrong. But glad you were able to get the implants removed this go around. I did IUI our last fertility cycle, but not for CS. The beauty of IUI is that they insert the catheter into the cervix so it will allow for the sperm to actually get where it needs to go.

Hugs and I hope you are doing ok.

endo2002 responded:
Thanks ladies. It's been rough but I am hanging in there. Still trying to take it super easy at work. ( I am a restaurant manager and you would think I wouldn't have that much to really do but how after surgery I realized I do a hell of a lot of manual work) hehehe.

So iui doesn't always work? How much did you spend on it? Did your insurance cover any of it?

As for the person responsible for my friend's death. The lord will not be allowing him through the gates. He took the cowards way out and killed himself.
Tabitha

mcgalla replied to endo2002's response:
I'm so sorry Tabitha about your friend and that the past couple weeks have not been very good. Definitely try to take advantage of any time you can rest and just put your feet up and relax. Hope you recover quickly. And like you said you never realize the muscles you use on a daily basis until after surgery and it hurts to do almost everything.

Sending Hugs your way and wishing you a peaceful weekend.
Carrie

cfoss915 replied to endo2002's response:
Tabitha... I'm again so sorry for your loss of your friend. :( How sad all the way around.

As for IUI, like everything else, it doesn't work everytime, but it does increase your chances of conceiving. We only did it once. A lot of people do it two or three times. There's a ton of timing involved and I'm kinda messed up with my ovulation. So, it really just depends. If your main issue is the CS, then I would think it would be a great choice for you. The IUI wasn't that expensive for us, maybe $300, but my insurance only pays 50% for fertility so having 3 ultrasounds in one week, the HCG shot and the fertility meds were the expensive parts. If you ovulate well on your own, you wouldn't need that. It's totally worth a try though. :-) Before we decided to do it, I just called my insurance and got the info on how much they covered. They actually will pay 50% of the $300, I just need to resend in my info! ;-)
Christy - Wife to Stephen since 1/03, Mom to 2 gorgeous blessings 6/05 and 12/07, 2 m/c angels. Lost left ovary and tube at age 16, 25 surgeries since for cysts, adhesions, endo, etc. Messed up! :)

brandib01 responded:
i am very sorry for your friend tabitha.
and you do need to tryand take it easy but you know i understand the going back to work before ou feel completly ready.
and the iui ran me about the ame $300 and unfortunatey my insurance covered none of it by i tried it a few times w/o success but it works for some th first time and i figured its alot cheaper than the 15k for ivf.

i hope you feel better..
Brandi 27dx'ed.infertile06'w/male factor also-first lap 09'endo stageIV/PCOS/2-m/c08'09'my angels hormone deficient 7 rounds of clomid~~co admin..

hollyri replied to brandib01's response:
The IUI itself cost about 250 each time. The meds weren't covered either. And only 1 sonogram a month was covered, although my dr did about 3 or 4 a month. So it was expensive each cycle to do IUI.

I'm sorry to say that it doesn't always work. But I had so many reproductive issues that nothing would have worked for me. Too many things in my way. I just didn't know about all of them right away. It took several years to finally discover everything that was wrong with me. I have friends who have had success with IUI. One girl is also my age (40), and she just had her second baby this week (a result of IUI). :) So it does work, even in older women. Like anything, though, it's not a sure thing.

Spotlight: Member Stories

22 years old and was diagnosed as having endometriosis. About 6 months ago I under went surgery to remove the cyts that I had this was my second surge...More

Helpful Tips

The Endo Bath :) Here it is ladies! I hope it helps you relax just a bit!
There is nothing better than a hot, soothing bath to relieve the aches and pains of endometriosis. Most of us have pain relievers on hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.