Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Surgery Update
cfoss915 posted:
I had my surgery done last Wednesday and I'm still feeling icky. I think I told you all that I was having a hysterectomy. I know it's not the popular decision, but it was definitely the right decision.

So, I only had one ovary left. When the doc went in, he found a total disaster zone. He told me that he was glad I hadn't just asked him to go "clean up" in there b/c he wouldn't have been able to do it. My ovary was covered in cysts (upward of a dozen), enlarged (not just from the cysts) and totally unhealthy. On top of that, it was adhered to my intestines and my bladder. My bladder was not only adhered to my ovary but to my uterus. And then I had an enormous amount of adhesions (scar tissue) everywhere. My 45 minute surgery took over 2 hours. I woke up on a morphine drip and pump (it was SOOOO needed... kinda missing it!). He was able to keep my cervix (at my request) and I didn't have to have an open surgery since my ovary was not stuck to my back wall. I have four incisions (larger than most of my previous lap scars) and they all hurt! I had more done in this lap surgery than I ever had done in an open one.

I am on Divigel (a natural plant estrogen gel) for the menopause. The hot flashes are awful. I lay in bed just sweatting and peeling clothes off. BUT... I don't feel the horrendous pain from my ovary!!! There was seriously no way to even compare. The ovary pain was beyond pain. Even my doctor said it was no wonder I was crying constantly. Anytime any of those organs did anything, they pulled and put strain on the other three. It was one big ball of pain in there.

Anyway, I'm happy and doing ok. Slowly recovering and doing my best not to do too much. (I think my house would attest to that!) :-) Have a great day Lovelies!
Christy - Wife to Stephen since 1/03, Mom to 2 gorgeous blessings 6/05 and 12/07, 2 m/c angels.  Lost left ovary and tube at age 16, 25+ surgeries since for cysts, adhesions, endo, etc.  Messed up! :)

cfoss915 responded:
oh and weirdly enough, he said he found no active endo sites... some old ones that appeared dormant, but nothing active. Strange!!! very strange indeed -- but he said there was still part of my endometrioma from my surgery in 2009 still on my ovary - part of what glued it to my bladder. :(
Christy - Wife to Stephen since 1/03, Mom to 2 gorgeous blessings 6/05 and 12/07, 2 m/c angels. Lost left ovary and tube at age 16, 25 surgeries since for cysts, adhesions, endo, etc. Messed up! :)

hopeful2218 replied to cfoss915's response:
Happy to hear you had a sucessfull surgery!!! The healing process is long and painful, but sounds like you can handle it!!! Please keep us updated...wishing you a speedy recovery!!!!!

I know about the hot flashes, and unfortunately there is not much you can do, but sit down by a fan and try to cool the internal fire... :(
Me 29 dx'ed with endo in 09 via lap, M/C 12/24/09xoxo,Fibro, RLS, SVT, MS. Completed two rounds of Lupron. Administrator to this board.

cfoss915 replied to hopeful2218's response:
Yeah, those hot flashes are killer!!! I had my post-op today and found out that I also had adenomyosis. :( And I had multiple hemmorhagic (sp?) cysts bleeding into my ovary. He told me that basically everything under my breast down on the right side of my body was out of place from the scarring.

So far, I'm feeling amazing. I'm REALLY sore from the surgery, but the "pain" part has let up a ton. I don't have any of the kind of pain I had before. My nurse told me today that I looked amazing. I know I must have looked so much older b/c of the pain on my face. I could see such horrible circles under my eyes and my skin color was so pale from always being in pain. I'm going back in a month and if my hot flashes haven't calmed down any, we will do an estrogen level check to see if I need to adjust my hormones. I'm on Divigel (which is a natural plant estrogen cream) and I'm on the absolute lowest dose, so there is room to move up without it being crazy. Anyway, thanks for letting me share!!!
Christy - Wife to Stephen since 1/03, Mom to 2 gorgeous blessings 6/05 and 12/07, 2 m/c angels. Lost left ovary and tube at age 16, 25 surgeries since for cysts, adhesions, endo, etc. Messed up! :)

BrittneyisaMommy replied to cfoss915's response:
hey glad you are in recovery mode then! wow though what a mess in your poor body! i am glad that the only pain that you are feeling right now is the surgery pain :)
Mommy DD 3yo and a DS 1yo. Diagnosed with Endo. after DS was born. Three M/C 9/2010, 11/2010,

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey All... I'm Stacey, one of the admins along with Hopeful (don't be fooled, she's really the boss though). We decided to put together th...More

Helpful Tips

How to properly control your Pain
This is a tip on how to control your pain with the pain medications that have been given to you. A general rule of thumb is when you feel ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 87 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.