Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
What's this??? Roll Call!!!!
hopeful2218 posted:
Good Morning Ladies!!!!!

How are you all doing? How are you all feeling..what's new, what's old. Fill me in on everything!!!!

Thank you to everyone who replied to my post, lots of good advice in there..it warms my heart everytime.

I am doing well, been a little down in the dumps..I guess it's my mini pitty party time....but I know I'll chug through it.

So fill me in on what's going on with you gals...
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday!!!!!

Love and painfree moments/days to you all!!

PS, special thoughts to Sadie...we are all thinking of you hun!!!!
Me 29 dx'ed with endo in 09 via lap, M/C 12/24/09xoxo,Fibro, RLS, SVT, MS. Completed two rounds of Lupron. Administrator to this board.

jenkoelenko responded:
Good Afternoon Ladies!

I wish I had better news.... something uplifting... After not having a period since march (not intentionally) and being diagnosed 3 weeks ago with PCOS, Aunt flo has come for a rather painful visit. I'm a little frustrated, not that I have stand all day at my job or that I have to have a note to use a chair, but that my doctor's office is kinda draggin their feet getting me a doctor's note. Kinda hurting folks!
To top matters off, I found out that my mother-in-law (whom I love as a mom) was diagnosed with breast cancer... I need to have more faith that everything will turn out alright, but I'm nervous! We hope to find out soon what stage she has and what her treatment options are. the funny (and definately miraculous) thing about all of this is that we have been planning for over 6 months on moving this September to be closer to hubby's parents. So, at least we'll be close to help out pretty soon.
Hope you're all happy and loving life :)
~Jenna 24 ttc since 2/07, dx'd w/ endo stage IV via lap, 1 round lupron, 4 rounds of clomid -Smiles are contagious and should be spread like wildfire

mcgalla replied to jenkoelenko's response:
Hey all, not much going on here. I'm doing pretty good, baby is good, etc. Its nice not to have a period for awhile but other pregnancy pains have taken its place, like ligament cramps, leg cramps, back pain, etc. But so far they are all manageable.

Jenna, sorry to hear about your mother-in-law :-( But its good that you'll be moving close to them soon. Hope aunt flo goes away soon and you get relief from the pain

Amanda, feel better, take advantage of a pity party while you can, sometimes it makes me feel better when I do for a little while and then I can move on feeling good about everything.

Have a wonderful day ladies!
Carrie

martiesgurl responded:
hey ladies! Sorry I'm a little late on the roll call but my mother's motto has always been- better late than never... and let me tell you she has and always will be late!!! lol

Well, today is a sad day. My grandpa passed away on Sunday and today is the family service at the funeral home. I'm stressing out about everything and on top of it, I have to show up at this service alone.. I hate that. but it shud be alright, I've been talking to my aunt and one of my cousins whom I never associate with and we actually get along. It's funny what a death in the family can do, sad if you think about it but hopefully I can take this bad situation and make it something good.... Tomorrow will be even worse, tomorrow is the funeral. And then to top it all off, my biological father is gonna be in town tonight I believe and for those of you who dont know that story, him and I arent' close, never were n I have no interest in having a relationship with him anymore. He has hurt me more times than I like to admit so this should be interesting... I've been standing up for myself more lately and telling ppl off (not sure what happened, kinda like a power trip! lol and I like it!)

So anyways, sorry to unload like that, just having a bad time....

Amanda, I hope you're feeling better hun and thank you!!!

-Sadie

BrittneyisaMommy replied to martiesgurl's response:
hey there sadie good to hear from you just sad its under bad circumstances!!!

i have been feeling sorry for myself. everyone else who was pregnant with me in november has had their babies and is busy with buttons and lace and here i am babyless.... :/ i know its self deprecating and all but man i have just had enough and needed to vent to ladies who understand.
Mommy DD 3yo and a DS 1yo. Diagnosed with Endo. after DS was born. Three M/C 9/2010, 11/2010,

hollyri replied to BrittneyisaMommy's response:
Jenna,
So sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Have you heard any updates yet? How is she feeling at this time? A diagnosis of cancer is always scary esp when you don't know anything other than "cancer." Until they can get information to you about the cancer and how to treat it, you always imagine the absolute worst. I hope you are doing all right.

Sadie,
I am sorry to hear about your grandfather too. It's so hard to say goodbye. You're right about how it can bring you back to some family though. Bittersweet though. Good for you for standing up for yourself. I hope you are able to continue the trend and can keep your boundaries with your father. It's hard to be strong, but I think you'll find that you're pretty good at it. How are your hands lately? Are you still struggling with doctors and other idiots about it? Sorry about the idiot comment, but sometimes, they really don't understand. Ya know?

Brittney,
I'm sorry about the empty arms. It is very hard to see everyone with their babies and watch as your arms literally ache to hold your own child. Lots of (((((hugs))))) to you. If I could brew a pot of tea for you and settle you into a comfy chair with a kitty on your lap, I would do it in a heartbeat. For now, please be satisfied with a cyber pot of tea and an imaginary kitty cat. I hope you're not allergic to kitty cats.

I'm toughing it out over here. Haven't had much endo pain, but I've had a bit of IC pain for some reason. I'm stressing a little about school. Graduation is in the fall, and I'm nervous that I won't make it. I have to pass Capstone (VERY hard) and the school librarian certification test which I have heard nightmarish stories about. So I'm prepping for the certification exam with study books and trying to hone my research skills for Capstone. I'm also trying to struggle through my current class, and my bladder is NOT thanking me for any of it. It's all right though. I have a job where I can get to the bathroom when I need to (most of the time at least), so I'm not waiting to the point that I can't do anything at all and need help from a doctor. That's a good thing. But I still hate the pain. It feels like a migraine only in my bladder.

I did find out something interesting about my health insurance though. I've been using local pharmacies because the student clinic is almost 60 miles away. However, I went to pick up my bcp at Target last week, and they wanted almost 300 bucks! My insurance lets me get rx from local places up to a certain limit. And apparently, I hit that limit. So I went to the student clinic today (made a day of it actually, lol), and it was only 35 dollars. All 3 months of Seasonique for one 35 buck copay. So much better. I can also have my annual there for free. Not sure about the mammogram, and I do need to have one again. But at least I can get the rest of the stuff done for free. I'm gonna wait until it's not as hot though. I don't like driving that far in the heat, and the other day, my mom's thermometer registered 108, and I think it was hotter. Seriously.

anyway, hope y'all are well. I've been super busy, but I will try to keep up. Thanks for listening to me yammer. ;)

~holly

jenkoelenko replied to hollyri's response:
Thank you Holly,
We did find out that the cancer was caught fairly early, since she's really good about getting regular screenings. She's getting a partial masectomy (sp?) day after tomorrow... so we'll see how things go :)
~Jenna 24 ttc since 2/07, dx'd w/ endo stage IV via lap 06/08, 1 round lupron, 4 rounds of clomid, dx'd w/ PCOS 06/11, starting another round of clomid

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Brooke and I'm 31 years old. I had a TAH with the removal of my ovaries at 28. I searched for answers as to what was wrong with me...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.