Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Didn't get the Mirena....
MandyT28 posted:
So I went to the doctor today and of course I'm still bleeding. When I told to nurse I was still bleeding and that I am just feeling plain terrible she said "oh let me get the doctor". He comes in and says "you've been bleeding too long, I want you to take this sample of Generess Fe (bc pills) and double up on the pills and if you are still bleeding in a week we will have to do a D&C". So I'm actually a little relieved to not have it done for now. But I worry about doubling up on the new bc pills with all the hormones I will be getting. I almost wonder if I should have asked if he could just do the D&C. Does anyone have any advice? I usually trust this doctor, but then again when I called to talk to his nurse about the bleeding at first she brushed it off and said I just needed the Mirena?

BrittneyisaMommy responded:
well i havent had much experience with bcps or doubling up... phew my body hates being messed with i cant imagine adding extra hormones! OI! but i would go with your instincts. i would have wanted the D&C. it helped me alot. and i dont remember if you were dx with endo or not but they can do a lap then with the D&C ...
Mommy DD 3yo and a DS 1yo. Diagnosed with Endo. after DS was born. Three M/C 9/2010, 11/2010,

MandyT28 replied to BrittneyisaMommy's response:
Yeah I was dx'd with endo at 14. I decided not to double up on the pills. I just woke up this morning and I think the bleed is getting worse and I'm not sure what to do because he said he wanted to give it a week to do a D&C. I'm not sure if he wanted to do a lap too, but I have had both in the past.

hopeful2218 replied to MandyT28's response:
Doubling up on bcp's in only going to deplete your uterine lining more..which is going to lead to more bleeding. You actually just need about 3 days of straight estrogen..and build that lining back up. When the lining is too thin...the capilliaries have no where to feed blood too...which turns into prolonged bleeding. Doubling up on bcps is going to mess with your body too much..I hate to say it..but I would consider a second opinion......
Me 29 dx'ed with endo in 09 via lap, M/C 12/24/09xoxo,Fibro, RLS, SVT, MS. Completed two rounds of Lupron. Administrator to this board.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 30 now but I started having painful perids when I was 13. I tried to make everyone understand that it wasn't normal but at that time no was w...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.