Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Hey there everyone!
BrittneyisaMommy posted:
How is everyone doing? i am so sorry i have been MIA... i have been so busy with the kids and the new pregnancy its been crazy.. and i just wanted to share that all of you who have had a bad feeling about my doctor you were SO RIGHT! it turns out he did a thermal ablation and my uterine tissue could have been compromised because of it. So all this time he should have known what was going on... I am infuriated by this. (sigh) so i have an awesome new midwife who is willing to go as far with this pregnancy with me as she can. Its all dependant on where the embro implanted and how low the placenta is. I am so frustrated but trying to be optimistic... So anyways how is everyone else doing?
Mommy DD 3yo and a DS 1yo. Diagnosed with Endo. after DS was born. Three M/C 9/2010, 11/2010,

mcgalla responded:
Hey Brittney, sorry to hear about the problem with your doctor, glad you like your new midwife though! How far along are you at this point? Hope you are feeling well

I'm doing good, just went to the doctor's office today for another check up, I'm almost 34 weeks and soon I will start going every week! So far so good
Carrie

BrittneyisaMommy replied to mcgalla's response:
carrie that is awesome! hope u are feeling good and getting ready... i am 12 weeks now. woo hoo! grow baby grow baby lol
Mommy DD 3yo and a DS 1yo. Diagnosed with Endo. after DS was born. Three M/C 9/2010, 11/2010,

Wpooh27 responded:
Hey brittany sorry to hear that you are having problems. I dont know really what kind of trouble you or going through with everything. But i have been told after i had my miscarriage that i might not be able to have kids because if so i will get pregnant in my tubes everytime. That is why i misscarried the last time is because i was pregnant in my tubes. But you know i know some people dont like to hear this but God does things for a reason. Just put your faith and trust in him and he will help you through it. I have a friend that is named brittney by the way she is from hickman county.

BrittneyisaMommy replied to Wpooh27's response:
well that is good i am actually pushing 16 weeks now... so everything is going well... according to how it is supposed to. have you ever thought of having an IUI done? it is the least expensive option relatively speaking but it bypasses the tubes all together.

endo2002 responded:
Brittney,
I am glad to hear all is going well with the pregnancy and that's awesome you found someone you like to go as far as they can with you. I am sorry to hear about the doctor troubles.
Tabitha

hollyri replied to BrittneyisaMommy's response:
Actually, an IUI wouldn't bypass the tubes. The egg would still have to make it through the tubes to the uterus. IVF is really the only thing that bypasses the tubes. The eggs are removed from the ovaries and are then mixed with sperm in a dish. Then fertilized eggs grow into embryos, and the embryos are implanted into the uterus. With an IUI, the sperm is just sent through the cervix directly into the uterus. The egg still has to get from the ovary through the tube to the uterus.

WPooh 27, have you ever had an HSG? It's an x-ray of the tubes to see if they are blocked. They inject a dye through the uterus into the tubes and watch the flow on a screen. They can determine if there is blockage or even a kink in the tubes that might be causing the embryos to implant in them. But the only way to bypass the tubes is through IVF. It is expensive, and the hormones you have to be on are really tough. But it is an option and does have a good success rate if tubal factors are the only problem.

HTH

hollyri replied to endo2002's response:
Hope everyone is doing well. I'm hanging in there. Fighting with the insurance company about everything, but what else is new, right? I was feeling awful in September, and my doctor ran every test under the sun just to tell me it might be my age causing this. So I got a HUGE bill from the lab (in the thousands), and the insurance company doesn't want to pay it. So we're fighting back and forth about how much I think they should cover. Whatever.

Other than that, things are okay.

mcgalla replied to hollyri's response:
Hey Holly, sorry to hear about the problem with your insurance company . I hate when things like that happen, it can be such a pain and sooooo time consuming talking to different people from the company just trying to get it sorted out. Hope they will pay all of it or at least a significant portion, I mean, really its what they are supposed to do, that's why we have health insurance in the first place. Ugh, I feel for you but hoping it gets settled soon.

Glad to hear besides that things are okay!
Carrie

Wpooh27 replied to hollyri's response:
No i havent had an hsg. They have checked me stomach by ultrasound before but they really didnt tell me anything when they did it other than that i might not be able to have children. So i dont know. It is in God's hands either way. If he wants me to have a baby he will allow me to get pregnant in his time not mine.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Jessica, 28 (Maryland), ovarian cysts, 1st lap 8/27/08 - stage 3 endo

Helpful Tips

How to properly control your Pain
This is a tip on how to control your pain with the pain medications that have been given to you. A general rule of thumb is when you feel ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 87 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.