Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Question about Pelvic Inflammatory Disease?
Uglyface427 posted:
I am 19 years old and I have been with my boyfriend for almost a year. I am 1000% sure neither of us has ever had an STD. Last week, he took me to the emergency room because I was experiencing extreme pelvic pain after sex. The pain started immediately after he went a little bit deeper than he should have. I have never been pregnant but I feel as if the pain I experienced rivaled labor pains. At the emergency room, I was diagnosed with PID. They gave me some pills, a shot, a prescription for Vicodin, and very little information, so when I returned I did some online research. It seems that PID is almost exclusively caused by complications from STDs. Since I am completely sure I have never had an STD, what caused PID for me? My boyfriend and I normally do not use a condom. Could it be that he is giving me bacteria and it's causing an infection? I am really worried about becoming infertile, so I need to be sure I don't get PID again. Therefore, I need to find out what caused this so it never happens again. Thank you in advance.

jenkoelenko responded:
I'm sorry, I don't know too much about PID, but I do know a bit about dealing with doctors and such. Do you have a regular OB/Gyn? I would suggest that you visit them and/or call them about it and get some answers. If they will not be upfront with you and answer your questions, find a new doctor that will. This is your body and your future, you have a right to information. good luck, and I hope this all works out for you! let us know if we can help you with anything else! I haven't been able to check on this community recently for a while, but I'm back
~Jenna 24 ttc since 1/07, dx'd w/ endo stage IV via lap 06/08, 1 round lupron, 4 rounds of clomid, dx'd w/ PCOS 06/11, more clomid, m/c 9/2011 - my sweet little angel

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I were married in 1999! We have been ttc since 2001. Diagnosed with endo via lap in 2005 after years of trying to convince many doctors that I ...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.