Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
No periods, but pelvic pain & discomfort
Francis2010 posted:
Afternoon all,
I was diagnosed with Endometriosis in 2002 after having lapo surgery. I did the Lupron for 6 months and then went on the pill continuously. I have been on it every since with no periods. Although I do spot every once in a while, last time was last week for about 4-5 days. I have not been keeping up with my research on Endo since the pill has been keeping my symptoms at ease, so I apologize if I'm out of the loop!
My current issue, that I'm wondering if others experience, is lower pelvic pain, more like pressure and discomfort. What I used to feel when I had a period, but on a much milder level. But now it is happening without a period present. Also, I do not have much pain with sex, however we sometimes use a "toy" and I notice it really bothers me. Anyone else have that issue if they use "toys"? Do you think it is because it is bigger and just potentially hitting more areas?
I appreciate any advice or suggestions since I'm not up on everything!! Thanks ladies!

healingmychild responded:
Hi have you gone seen ur Dr. to tell him/her all the symptoms that u r starting to have it sounds like Endo again.I have similar symptoms and its been very painful with penetration with sex.But my periods are normal.You should ask why u are irregular?Find out as much info about Endo and go to Dr and ask.The more u learn about endo its easier to ask questions.Im having a hysterectomy in Oct.My symptoms have gotten worst.Pelivc pain lowerback pain, painful periods, painful sex, painful bowels.My uterus and bladder have adhesions and causing me to have bladder problems.So Im done Im having Hysterectomy and have been reading all about it.Good luck and hope you find more answers from Dr's.
Laparoscoopy'09 found Endo,removed left ovary.Painful periods,lot pelvic pain,painful sex.

mcgalla responded:
Hi Francis, welcome to the board! The pressure/discomfort you are experiencing could be from many different things so I would suggest seeing you doctor about it. I know for myself when I get that type of pelvic pain, if its not from my period its usually caused by IBS that I suffer from. For me IBS and Endo sometimes have similar symptoms. For you I would definitely talk to your dr because only they can really see whats really going on. As far as the pain you get when using a toy it could be that the penetration is too deep for you. Endo causes most women to have pain with deep penetration during sex so I think that may be the problem you are experiencing or size as you mentioned. So maybe something smaller and not as deep will do the trick. Hope this helps and keep us updated on the pelvic pain you are feeling.

We have weekly roll calls on the board to check in with each other and vent/catch up so feel free to join in whenever you want!
Carrie

Francis2010 replied to mcgalla's response:
It's been forever since I have been on the site, so I wanted to thank you both for responding! Hopefully I will be able to keep up on the site more often, but work gets in the way!!! : )

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!! Thanks again!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have shortened this some because i was noticing the beginning of a novel.lol.My name is Brandi i am 30 and I am one of the admins on the public Endo...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.