Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Auto Immune and all of the above?
Francis2010 posted:
I started to read gamergoddess's story and I noticed she mentioned the "auto immune part". Is there research on Endo having an impact on auto immune disease? After my surgery and diagnosis of Endo in 2002, I have experienced a lot of other issues, which I assumed some were associated with Endo, but others I never thought! I have been suffering from IBS (which I control w/ diet), Lactose Intolerant, and Raynaud's (which causes my feet to turn blue and be cold). I also have a lot of pain and stiffness in my legs, ankles, hips, neck and hands. Raynaud's can be a secondary syndrome to an auto immune disease and I am going to see my doctor next week about possibly seeing a rheumatologist for RA. Now that I read her story, I'm starting to wonder if this could all be connected! Anyone have more info or websites they recommend that I could view? Thanks again!

mcgalla responded:
Hey Francis, I can't really give you an answer on whether Endo has an impact on auto immune disease because I don't have a lot of info on a possible connection but I will definitely look into it. If you google you might be able to find more websites with info and I will try looking into this for you. Let us know if you find any more info on it and keep us updated on what your dr says about seeing rheumatologist for the RA.
Carrie

hollyri responded:
Yes, there is a connection. I have 3 auto-immune disorders myself. My dad and his father also have/had auto-immune disorders. I've had more than 1 doctor tell me there's a connection. I haven't seen research, but I'm sure there's something at PubMed.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 28 years old and live in Atlanta GA. I have been diagnosed with endometriosis and vestibulitis. I was widowed at the age of 23 and went through a...More

Helpful Tips

The Endo Bath :) Here it is ladies! I hope it helps you relax just a bit!
There is nothing better than a hot, soothing bath to relieve the aches and pains of endometriosis. Most of us have pain relievers on hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.