Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
A little concerned
Kris1677 posted:
So I usually have my period for about 4 days with light to moderate bleeding and some cramps in the beginning. This month I am on my 3rd day with major cramps, constant heavy bleeding and lots of clots. This is obviously not normal for me but I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Don't really want to call a DR if I don't have to! I should also add that I am 34 and have NEVER had a month like this. I have had problems with endo. and had a Lap. to remove the scar tissue about 9 years ago but at that time I was also going through IUI and IVF to try to become pregnant so I don't really remember how the endometriosis felt. Any input would be greatly appreaciated!!

mcgalla responded:
Hi Kris, sorry to hear about the terrible period you are having right now. Endo can be a tricky thing, sometimes our bodies keep going along fine and then out of nowhere we get these awful painful periods that just knock us over so to speak For me my periods are consistently painful each time but every now and then I will have one worse than the others with even heavier bleeding and ones that will last longer than normal. I haven't figured out why that is, I have gone to see my doctor shortly after experiencing that and sometimes she has found a cyst from doing an ultrasound and other times there hasn't been any clear explanation for it. You might get through this period without any problems and never experience a period like this one for a long time, but if you are uncertain it never hurts to call your doctor. That is what they are there for, to help us and reassure us, etc. So don't hesitate to call if you feel you want to just to make sure everything is ok. Endo could be flaring up for you and they may be able to determine that, and if you do want to go in call soon because if they want to do an ultrasound the best time is around day 10 of your menstrual cycle. Also definitely call if the bleeding continues to be heavy for the next several days and if you feel like headed (anemic). Drink plenty of water too because we lose a ton during our periods.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing! We post roll calls weekly to vent to each other and keep up so feel free to join in!
Carrie

Spotlight: Member Stories

kara--- TTC for 3 years now with no results :( diagnosed with endo 04-10 getting ready to try our first round of IVF this month, many mixed emotions r...More

Helpful Tips

The Endo Bath :) Here it is ladies! I hope it helps you relax just a bit!
There is nothing better than a hot, soothing bath to relieve the aches and pains of endometriosis. Most of us have pain relievers on hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.