Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
conceiving w/ no tubes
lcamacho08 posted:
is it still possible to conceive naturally with out any fallopian tubes?

mcgalla responded:
Hi Icamacho08, since I'm not a doctor I try not to say anything with absolute certainty, but I don't think its likely that one can conceive naturally without fallopian tubes. This is not to say you can't get pregnant, its very possible to conceive with In Vitro Fertilization. The role of the fallopian tubes are to carry the egg that has been released from the ovary during ovulation. The egg can then be fertilized in the fallopian tube by the traveling sperm during intercourse. After a few days it leaves the fallopian tube and implants in the uterus. So without fallopian tubes I believe you would have to do IVF in which they collect your eggs and your partner's sperm and join them together outside of your womb and then place them inside your uterus.

Did you have your fallopian tubes surgically removed?
Carrie

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Maria. I'm 24 years old with a gorgeous 2-year-old daughter. When I was 12 I got my first period, and it all started. Pain so severe I&...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.