Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Horrible pains
endo2002 posted:
Good day ladies,
Today I am not really feeling it. I am not sure why but this months period is the worst one yet since surgery in April. Extremely heavy period, horrible back and hip pains.Yesterday my pains hit a pain scale of a 9.5. I have been extremely nauseous for the past two weeks. The only pains I am having other then this is on my left side.

Any suggestions?
Tabitha

mcgalla responded:
Hey Tabitha, so sorry to hear you are in so much pain . Ugh, heavy periods are the worst! I would say just take it easy, keep up on the pain meds to keep the pain under control as much as possible and put a heating pad on or take a nice long warm bath to help relax your muscles. As far as the nausea goes I swear by ginger tea or ginger chews (candies) you can find at a health food store or whole foods and I think some target stores carry ginger tea in the food section. Just last night I woke up feeling really nauseous and ate a ginger chew and in minutes I felt a lot better.

Good luck!
Carrie

endo2002 replied to mcgalla's response:
Thanks Carrie.
I am doing my best on keeping the pain under control but all I have is OTC medication. I need to see if my doctor can prescribe me something stronger. Man I agree. Heavy periods are the worst. I have to wear both tampons and pads.
Tabitha

mcgalla replied to endo2002's response:
Before I got pregnant I was considering talking to my doctor about getting some kind of prescription pain killer to use during my period as well. OTC meds not only don't work as well but also become sooo expensive because you have to take so much of it. I usually use advil and go through it pretty quickly. Let me know if your dr prescribes you anything and how well it works cause eventually after I have the baby and when my period returns I'll need to see my dr about it as well.
Carrie

endo2002 replied to mcgalla's response:
No problem Carrie. I am gonna call my doctor tomorrow and see when I can get an appointment to be checked out. I am having so many problems that need to be looked at.
Tabitha

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Lisa, I am 29 years old and will turn the big 30 this may :) I am married to a wonderful man named Tom and have three beautiful children. A...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.