Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Could I be having endometriosis?
cmm14513 posted:
I have always had bad Periods, first days were the worst. But the last few months has gotten Horrible to where i have take a few days from classes. The symptoms I get usually starts a couple weeks before my periods. I thought at first it could be PMDD but I'm been leaning towards Endo more. I'm 28 year old female, never had sex. I am planning on going to the drs but I would like a few opinions. I just have gotten done with my period but I'm still getting some of the symptoms but not as bad.

symptoms
Feeling tension
Anxiety
panic attacks (had to go to the ER one time)
mood swings (crying, funk, not happy)
Insomnia (have sometimes trouble sleeping)
Sleeping more than Usual sometimes (when I don't have anything to do for the day, the other day I slept 7am to 3 pm without waking up. )
feeling overwhelmed
sometimes breast tenderness or pain
heart palpitations
joint and muscle pain
an altered view of one body
bloating
abdominal pain
constipation (that sometimes I can hardly move or stand up strait)
sometime vomit but not to often.
Nausea
fatigue all the time
heavy periods
loss of appetite( I used to able to eat a lot, but I've been getting full to early)
clumsy/loose balance
pelvic tense/itchy
thrush on tongue
Lump in throat
swollen gland on neck(gone now, thought it was abscessed tooth but it wasn't)
Butt hurts
Hurts sometimes when I go number 2
lower back pains
legs numbness mostly in the right leg

Side hurts
Virginal bumps/rash
Semen leakage after bathroom

mcgalla responded:
Hi cmm14513, the only way to be diagnosed with endometriosis is by laparoscopic surgery. Ultrasounds can show cysts or your obgyn can sometimes feel cysts during pelvic exams but there are many types of cysts and not all are due to endo. And of course there are other things that go along with endo but your symptoms could really be anything so the best thing to do is talk to you doctor and they will go from there. Good luck
Carrie

Spotlight: Member Stories

26 year old writer, designer, and awesome rock star. I've got 2 rambunctious cats. I play the euphonium, I'm addicted to notebooks, my favorit...More

Helpful Tips

How to properly control your Pain
This is a tip on how to control your pain with the pain medications that have been given to you. A general rule of thumb is when you feel ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 87 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.