Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
hi, could use someone to talk to.
MScheid89 posted:
Hi, i just joined, and i have endo, for a few years now and have had 4 "cleanings" and i have been on and off lupron for the last few years. After my second kid i had an iud placed and when they realized it wasn't working very well they started me back up on lupron. I just had a dr's appoinment a few days ago and i was told that the cysts they were hoping would go away on their own have not and they said a few more have shown up on the ultra sound. The most devestating news the dr told me was that sence they have tryed just about everything they can that they can think of, they want to go in and remove everything, tubs, ovaries, uterus. heart breaking consindering i'm only 22. I guess i just needed to get that off my chest it's been killing me, i guess this is on decision i never thought i would have to make soo soon. thanks for listening.

mcgalla responded:
Hi MScheid89 and welcome to the board! You've come to the right place for info and to have someone to talk to . As ladies with endo we all need a place to vent and get info and other's experience to help with dealing with all of this. We would love to have you join in on roll calls that we post usually once a week on mondays (sometimes other days) in which we vent to each other or just give updates on our lives (including things other than endo cause we all need that every now and then!)

I just saw your post but actually don't have time to answer it all in detail because I just got back from the hospital today after having my little one but I wanted to respond so you weren't left hanging. I will say that I would seek a different opinion from another doctor. There are other approaches to endo like more natural/holistic/diet that have worked for some. Keep in mind that a hysto doesn't always solve the problem as things can still grow in that void. And you are young so I would advise NOT getting it all removed yet. When I have more time I will try to respond again and give you some other options out there for you. In the meantime search webmd for more info and google endo and you should find some info that way too!

Hope this helps! And keep us updated on how things are going
Carrie

MScheid89 replied to mcgalla's response:
wanted to thank you for your reply and congrats on the little one, they are a joy!!!

i just wanted to let you know that i am going in today for a second opion. I hope for some more options today, hopefuly something not so drastic.

-michelle

MScheid89 replied to mcgalla's response:
so i had my second opion last week, were are going to try to clear up some stuff and i looks like this dr wants to do surgery again. i guess having 4 surgeries in aobut 3 years isn't the greatest but it's better then takinging everything away from me. After surgery i'll continue with lupron in hopes that everything will slow down.

mcgalla replied to MScheid89's response:
No one wants to hear the suggestion of surgery again especially after having 4 recently but its definitely a better alternative than taking everything out at this point I think. And who knows, maybe this doctor will be able to get more endo out. Hope it goes well and I think you did the right thing by getting another opinion. Good luck and keep us up to date on everything! Don't give up
Carrie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with endometriosis 3 years ago after having the worse pain you could possibly think of during sex. I have it mainly on my right ovary....More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.