Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Baby Update!!!
mcgalla posted:
Hey all! I just got home from the hospital today. My little one was born 5:51 pm 11/9/11! Liam Benjamin was born 7lbs 10 oz. I will give you all more details later on when I get some time. So far I'm EXHAUSTED! So I'm going to take advantage of every chance I get to rest so if you don't see me on here for a week or two don't panic I haven't left you all:-)
And if everyone could just keep a eye out for new members/questions for me and maybe post a roll call here and there that would be awesome!

Love you ladies! Thanks for helping each other out! You rock!
Carrie

martiesgurl responded:
Hey Carrie!!! It's been awhile since I've been on here but I just got my internet back on and I logged on and seen your wonderful news!!! Congrats!!!! Enjoy your baby and give lots of updates please!!!!

Sadie

mcgalla replied to martiesgurl's response:
Hey Sadie! So glad to see you back on here we've missed you! So my labor story goes like this: my due date was oct 31 and on nov 8 i was determined to get the process going. i went shopping and walked around a lot, was feeling kind of crampy which might have been mild contractions i'm not sure. around 11 pm that night my water broke and it was every bit as a dramatic as it is on tv which i hear is pretty rare. i tried to sleep but i couldn't once the contractions started about an hour later. started bleeding also which i guess was my "bloody show". called my doctor and they said to call back at 6am, we called around 5:30am cause i was bleeding a lot at that point. we got to the hospital around 6am, they started me on pitocin to get things going and i tried to labor as long as i could without an epidural but by early afternoon i was so tired from lack of sleep so i got the epi but could still feel pressure and some pain but it definitely took the edge off until i had to push which was very painful and the most uncomfortable feeling ever. i pushed for about 2 hours and he was born at 5:51pm! i got some stitches but only a few which was good. Liam's glucose was low so they had to supplement with formula and he was good but then he became jaundice a couple days later so we had to return to the hospital overnight for him to get photolight therapy. but he is now doing good and is 1 1/2 weeks old . we are loving this time right now!
Carrie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 28 year old mother of 3, at the time i was diagnosed with endo I had already had my two sons, my dr at the time had advised me of my options an...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.