Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Having bleeding issues again... This is getting scary.
MandyT28 posted:
Hi all its been a while since I last posted. I had a d&c and a Mirena put in August. I just had to have it removed due to irregular bleeding and it gave me high blood pressure which caused headaches which I have also had before with bc hormones. The Mirena decreased the bleeding a little at first then I was having 10-12 day periods. I also had it removed because I would like to have another baby. I had the mirena removed last Wednesday and when the nurse practioner started she couldnt see it due to all the blood clots. She was able to swab them away and got it out. They did yet another pelvic ultrasound which showed only a cyst, but it hurt like heck during and after she did it. Two days later I was standing in a store and suddenly got a gushing feeling and sure enough I soaked all over my underware and pants and all down my legs. So I called the docs back and they prescribed Provera and so far it has help make the blood clots go away finally but I'm still flowing and on my fourth day of the pills.Overall I'm just really concerned and baffled why this is happening at the age of 29. And even more scared if I get pregnant and it continues. I already had a high risk pregnancy the first baby. Any advice would be great ladies!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Brooke and I'm 31 years old. I had a TAH with the removal of my ovaries at 28. I searched for answers as to what was wrong with me...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.