Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
    endometriosis/ kidney stones or infections
    An_241746 posted:
    I"m 32 years old and had endometriosis. I had the utreus removed about 6 years ago do to the pain. Since then I have urine infections, bad back pain and kidney stones/ infections about every 6 months to a year. Would endometriosis cause back pain and kidney problems??? Help looking for answers.....
    jenkoelenko responded:
    Hello and welcome!

    I'm sorry, it sounds like you are having so much continued pain! Is it lower back pain for the most part? I'm not sure about kidney problems, but I've heard that endo is responsible for much of the back pain that we (with endo) feel. If you had a partial hysto because of the pain from endo, I would bet that your back pain is what's causing it. The webbing it forms can cause crazy amounts of pain, and can form anywhere in the abdominopelvic cavity. From what I've heard, it seems women with endo seem to have more problems with IBS, back pain, and all sorts of pain involving menstrual cycles of course... Have you talked to your OBGYN about it? I know there are a lot of women that continue to have endo growth and pain, long after they've had a full/partial hysto. Good Luck! and many pain-free moments!!
    ~Jenna 24 ttc since 1/07, dx'd w/ endo stage IV via lap 06/08, 1 round lupron, 4 rounds of clomid, dx'd w/ PCOS 06/11, more clomid, m/c 9/2011 - my sweet little angel

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    -Stefanie, 30yrs old. Mother of one and only miracle baby now a toddler. I had severe hyperemesis and delivered at 31 weeks. I also had a laproscopy i...More

    Helpful Tips

    The Endo Bath :) Here it is ladies! I hope it helps you relax just a bit!
    There is nothing better than a hot, soothing bath to relieve the aches and pains of endometriosis. Most of us have pain relievers on hand ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    30 of 49 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.