Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Endo and TTC...need some success stories here!
Bunzo24 posted:
For those of you with advanced Endo, how hard was it to conceive?

Also- do horrible cramps before AF typically mean an advanced stage of Endo? I have yet to have a lap to confirm and get details about my potential ENdo...

jenkoelenko responded:
I have stage 4 endo, but also PCOS so my numbers may be slightly off, but I can help you with a more general timeframe... It took almost 4 1/2 months before we got pregnant. However, pain is not always the best indicator of how severe your endo may be, it all just depends on the woman. I've met women that have stage 1 whose symptoms seem much worse than my own, also others at that stage that don't feel anything and don't even know that they have it. There are women with stage 4 that don't feel it, so that's why I say that pain isn't always the BEST indicator. Best thing to do: don't let it get you down. You'll have your moments during TTC that you'll want to stop, you'll want to scream, prolly feel like lashing out at just about anyone... (I've been through all these stages.... some more than once... lol) Just keep your hope and keep a good outlook on life. I had SERIOUS issues with my worth as a woman when I found out I had endo. I felt that because I may NEVER be able to have children (My dr told me that because of the severity of my case I may never be able to get pregnant) that I useless as a woman, and just plain worthless. This was one of the hardest times in my life. Looking back, it would have been better to keep a good outlook on things. Don't let the bad beat you down. You'll have bad moments, just make sure that after you cry and get that out, get out of your rut and remember that life is good. let me know if you have any more questions! Sorry this has been kinda long, but I hope it has helped a little!!!
~Jenna 24 ttc since 1/07, dx'd w/ endo stage IV via lap 06/08, 1 round lupron, 4 rounds of clomid, dx'd w/ PCOS 06/11, more clomid, m/c 9/2011 - my sweet little angel

brandib01 responded:
agree with completely. you never know how things will go.
and she is correct the level of pain does not indicate how severe your endo is. some women are riddled with it and never know and some have only a couple adhesions and czn become bed ridden.
i have stage 4 endo and male factor infertiltiy and were told we would be lucky to get pg and after almost 6 years multiple surgeries hormone treatments 2 m/c's we conceive randomly and naturally against all odds. and had a healthy beautiful baby boy.

there were many times i wanted to give up and literally had the adoption papers in hand when i found out i was pg.
i know it sucks to hear but things work in their own time.. not saying to not try everything you can but try not to put too much stress on yourself and know it does not discount you as a woman. even if natural conception is not possible there is always a child in need of a mother and as ive said in the past we make the best moms because we appreciate it on a whole nother level..

i hope things wok out and feel free to ask any other questions.
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 28 year old mother of 3, at the time i was diagnosed with endo I had already had my two sons, my dr at the time had advised me of my options an...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.