Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
New to the community but have questions on Endometriosis
vanessaperez posted:
I'm new to this whole thing, but have a few questions about Endometriosis. I'm 22 years old, married and have been through 2 surgeries in the past year and a half. The first time I had surgery the doctors couldnt really determine if it was endometriosis or not so they classified me as having fybroids when i went back for a checkup the cysts had came back faster and bigger and this time they said that it was in fact endometriosis I had surgery and got them removed now I am TTC but its been more than 6 months and still no luck. What I want to know is there anything that anyone has been doing that is working on keeping them from coming back like any diets, certain foods, certain excerises, anything that could help me keep these cysts from coming back. Thanks
P.S. Has anyone on here have or had endometriosis and gotten pregnant?

mcgalla responded:
Welcome to the board Vanessa. I have endo and just gave birth to my first baby the past November. So yes it is definitely possible for you to get pregnant! Did you doctor tell you what stage of endo you have? For a lot of women, including those that don't even have endo it can typically take anywhere from a month to a year to get pregnant. And if endo is causing a problem it can take longer but I have my fingers crossed for you that you get pregnant soon! It took me around 7 or 8 months to get pregnant. The tips I can suggest are using ovulation test strips to determine when you are most fertile, and the most important is to not stress!! Can't emphasize this enough, stress can make it more difficult so make sure you relax and enjoy this time rather than stressing over not being pregnant yet (easier said than done, i know). As far as tips for keeping cysts at bay, I don't have anything concrete. I struggled with getting cyst after cyst for many years and haven't found anything to work. Luckily they usually go away on their own for me. Google endo diets and you might find something that works for you, exercising (pilates or yoga) have helped some people and it helped my periods be a little lighter.

Good luck and keep us updated on how everything goes. If you haven't gotten pregnant in another month or two don't hesitate to make an appt with you obgyn and talk to them about your concerns. Crossing my fingers for you!!
Carrie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 31, a mother to two beautiful girls! Gracie is 9 and Hannah is 6. I have a wonderful girlfriend who is also my best friend and we hope to have ba...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.