Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Endo and pregnancy
An_242951 posted:
My husband and I are going to be trying for a baby in the next few months. My problem is I have endo. I have been to the doctor, had the laser surgery, been through Depo Lupron shots and have responded quiet well. My doctor told me, we are t try and if I am not pregnant in 6 months, we will reevaluate. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to increase my chances?

jenkoelenko responded:
Welcome! If you don't mind me asking, had you been trying before the surgery and lupron shots? If so, then I'd talk with your dr about some fertility meds. If you weren't trying beforehand, then I wouldn't worry about those yet Regardless of that, prenatals, prenatals, prenatals!!! This is something you can talk with your dr about. I was taking some I got from walmart, and my dr gave me a prescription for some other ones. It hasn't been exactly proven, but it makes sense that taking these would help your chances (can't hurt, that's for sure! Should be talking them anyways ) Because you're preparing your body to carry a child, it gives your body a hint that you want that end result! Good luck and buckets of baby dust!!!
~Jenna 24 ttc since 1/07, dx'd w/ endo stage IV via lap 06/08, 1 round lupron, 4 rounds of clomid, dx'd w/ PCOS 06/11, more clomid, m/c 9/2011 - my sweet little angel

jenkoelenko replied to jenkoelenko's response:
oh, and eat healthy, as if you were already pregnant - lots of fruits and veggies! I'm convinced that was something that really helped me.
~Jenna 24 ttc since 1/07, dx'd w/ endo stage IV via lap 06/08, 1 round lupron, 4 rounds of clomid, dx'd w/ PCOS 06/11, more clomid, m/c 9/2011 - my sweet little angel

mcgalla responded:
Like Jenna said definitely star taking those prenatals. you want to make sure you are getting enough folic acid from them because the baby needs it right from conception. I used ovulation test strips so I would know when I was most fertile and you can get them at cvs, walmart, etc. Another tip, and this might sound weird but missionary position is what I think got me pregnant. My DH and I had been trying off and on for almost year with no luck (I am usually on top because missionary position is usually too painful for me) but when we did that it worked. I think it is because it causes deeper penetration making the sperm closer to the cervix to get to the egg. Also don't stress, the best thing is to relax and enjoy this time and hopefully that will help too.

Good luck and please keep us updated on everything!

*baby dust*
Carrie

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey All... I'm Stacey, one of the admins along with Hopeful (don't be fooled, she's really the boss though). We decided to put together th...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.