Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
TTC after Endo
mslewis40 posted:
I'm 40. My hubby and I have been TTC for 8 mos with no luck yet. I had a laproscopy done almost 2 weeks ago thinking that my tubes were probably blocked. Instead, my doc told me that I had endometriosis! I never suspected that at all as I don't have the usual symptoms. He said he got it all out. It must not have been much because it only took him less than an hour. Prior to the surgery, he told me that if all goes well & that if my tubes are not blocked, then my hubby & I have a 6-12 month window to conceive. I pray to God that it happens!!! It was a huge relief to find out that my tubes were not blocked. That gave me more hope. I go back to see my doc on 2/15 for my post op appt. Yesterday, I was cramping for several hours & noticed a brownish red discharge. But it was gone this morning. I thought it was too early and strange since my AF is not scheduled to show up til Wednesday. Any of you who have had laparoscopy experienced any of this?

mcgalla responded:
Hi and welcome to the board! As far as the brownish red discharge, I didn't experience that right after my lap but I did get my period pretty soon after my lap so that is probably what you are experiencing. And usually the first period to show up is one of the worst, but it should in time get better. Your best chances of getting pregnant will be in the next few months. Since you have been trying for awhile and given your age I would suggest seeing a reproductive endocrinologist. They have more experience with endo but if you want to stay with your current doctor thats fine too, but I would talk to them about fertility hormones, etc and see what they think about it. Your chances should be good but the only reason I suggest the hormones is so that you don't have to wait forever if you still have trouble getting pregnant. The best advice I can give is to use ovulation test strips to know when you are most fertile during the month, relax and enjoy this time, don't stress Good luck with everything and definitely feel free to ask any more questions you may have. Let us know how things are going. Sending tons of baby dust your way and hoping for a Big Fat Positive!!!
Carrie

mslewis40 replied to mcgalla's response:
Hi Carrie! Thank u so much for the great response. It has helped and encouraged me. You're right....it was a sign of my AF coming. That happened on Sunday & AF came on Tuesday. Boy, u were right about it being the worst! The cramps & the bloating were terrible! I took the Toradol that he prescribed me after the surgery & it did help. Thank God that I had some left. I only took them as needed, anyway. Hopefully, it will get better after this time. I will ask my OB about giving me a referral to see an RE when I go see him for my post op on the 15th. He had me get my blood drawn today for the day 3 FSH test. Then again on the 20th for the day 21 progesterone test. I will definitely ask him about the fertility hormones & other options that he can possibly provide me. I have been using the O kits & will continue to do so. I'm thanking God in advance for our future lil' one. I will keep you posted. Thanks again, Carrie!

~ Yvette

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with endo via lap surgery on Aug 6, 2010. I had a large plum-sized "chocolate cyst" on my left ovary, but it's gone no...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.