Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Going in for my 6th lap soon and really tired of this!!!!
deviousblonde posted:
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this site. I am 35 and have had Endo for nearly 20 years. I have tried pretty much every med out there from BC pills to Lupron.
I had my last lap almost 3 years ago and the last couple of months I've been feeling severe pain again. My Endo is all over, on my bladder, bowels, uterine wall, ovaries and tubes.

I just went back to the Dr. yesterday and we discussed a hysterectomy, but I am so against that as early menopause runs in my family, so I'm hoping that I only have a few years till I hit it.

So, here comes another lap for me soon.. It makes me want to cry thinking about it. You'd think I would be used to this by now after having five of them, but I'm not. I'm scared still and I'm frustrated.

Is there anyone out there that understands? I feel so alone......

mcgalla responded:
I'm so sorry you have to get another lap . Its hard and many of us women here know exactly what you are going through. I hope everything goes well with it and that it keeps the pain at bay til you get menopause. A hysterectomy isn't an answer to it all anyway because the endo can still grow in the absence of everything so I totally understand your not wanting to go that route. Good luck with everything and keep us updated on how things go. We post roll calls every now and then (usually once a week) so feel free to participate if you like. We just use it as a way to keep up with each other and offer support and vent when we need to
Carrie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 19 years old and was diagnosed with dysmenorrhea when I had my first period at age 11 years old. Four years ago, I was diagnosed with endometrios...More

Helpful Tips

The Endo Bath :) Here it is ladies! I hope it helps you relax just a bit!
There is nothing better than a hot, soothing bath to relieve the aches and pains of endometriosis. Most of us have pain relievers on hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.