Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
    Going in for my 6th lap soon and really tired of this!!!!
    deviousblonde posted:
    Hi Guys,

I'm new to this site. I am 35 and have had Endo for nearly 20 years. I have tried pretty much every med out there from BC pills to Lupron.
    I had my last lap almost 3 years ago and the last couple of months I've been feeling severe pain again. My Endo is all over, on my bladder, bowels, uterine wall, ovaries and tubes.

I just went back to the Dr. yesterday and we discussed a hysterectomy, but I am so against that as early menopause runs in my family, so I'm hoping that I only have a few years till I hit it.

So, here comes another lap for me soon.. It makes me want to cry thinking about it. You'd think I would be used to this by now after having five of them, but I'm not. I'm scared still and I'm frustrated.

Is there anyone out there that understands? I feel so alone......

mcgalla responded:
    I'm so sorry you have to get another lap . Its hard and many of us women here know exactly what you are going through. I hope everything goes well with it and that it keeps the pain at bay til you get menopause. A hysterectomy isn't an answer to it all anyway because the endo can still grow in the absence of everything so I totally understand your not wanting to go that route. Good luck with everything and keep us updated on how things go. We post roll calls every now and then (usually once a week) so feel free to participate if you like. We just use it as a way to keep up with each other and offer support and vent when we need to
    Carrie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with endometriosis 3 years ago after having the worse pain you could possibly think of during sex. I have it mainly on my right ovary....More

Helpful Tips

Are You at High Risk of Infecting Endometriosis After Abortion?
    There are increasing women worrying if they are at high risk of infecting endometriosis after abortion? To figure out the right answer for ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.