Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Endometriosis & Herbal Teas
An_243246 posted:
Hello,
I am new to all of these boards. I was put on triness three years ago for my endometriosis. I ended up in the hospital with the worse cramps of my life. Anyways, I have recently stopped taking triness because my husband and I want to have a baby. Instead I have started drinking raspberry leaf tea and female toner tea every day. I have also started taking a folic acid supplement. Has anyone else tried these teas? I was hoping they would work. My husband and I have a number of fertility problems, not just my endometriosis. He does not ejaculate at all. He is starting acupuncture soon in order to get a muscle to work in that area. He and I are both survivors of cancer. He had testicular cancer and I had cervical. What are some other remedies we could use besides tea and acupuncture? Thanks for the help! Sorry for all of the personal information.

mcgalla responded:
Hi and welcome to the board! Don't apologize for all the info, it helps to know details to give good advice, and at this board we all share the TMI details .

I think I have tried the raspberry leaf tea, I used to drink a "pregnancy tea" that had raspberry leaf in it. I was already pregnant at the time and I know it helped me to feel relaxed and less stressed which I think is key when trying to make a baby. Acupuncture is a good place to start. I haven't tried it personally but have always thought about it since I have heard good things from it. Also they might be able to guide you as far as herbal supplements, etc that will help with your endo and also aid you in getting pregnant. So I would even suggest that you try acupunture for yourself as well. Besides that I can't think of any other remedies. Webmd has an ovulation calendar on this website you can use to track when you are most fertile (or you can use ovulation test strips from cvs, walmart, etc) which can boost your chances. Oh and I almost forgot, thinning your cervical mucus around the time of ovulation helps the sperm to reach you egg more easily! You can do this by taking any kind of cold/allergy medicine like robitussin which thins mucus in your nose but interestingly enough it works on cervical mucus . I've also heard eating popcorn can work too but I'm not sure if that is just an old wives tale. If I think of anything else I'll post it here.

Good luck to you and your husband! Let us know how things are going and feel free to ask any other questions you might have or participate in our weekly/monthly role calls we post just to keep up with each other and vent about endo and TTC, etc.

Sending lots of baby dust your way!!
Carrie

mcgalla replied to mcgalla's response:
Also besides just a folic acid supplement you should start a good prenatal vitamin. Its full of so many good vitamins for you and baby and its good to have it in your system before you even conceive. You can get an over the counter one (I use Rainbow light brand called Prenatal One, its a giant horse pill but all you have to take is one a day and it has everything in it from vitamins, probiotic, digestive enzymes) or there are many good brands to choose from. You can also get a prescription prenatal from your obgyn which can be fine tuned for your body, like ones with extra iron if needed or ones with stool softeners, and DHA.

Sorry if this is a lot of info all at once. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Carrie

Colorado115 replied to mcgalla's response:
Hi!
This is all great! I tried to do a prenatal and it made me really sick. I haven't had a chance to see a doctor yet, I've been so busy. I will get on that. I will ask the doctors at my husband's acupuncture if they have any recommendations. I have a needle phobia so I'll pass on that. I'm sure the needle phobia will go away with the amount of tests that I heard I'll have to go through when I get pregnant. Thanks for making me feel so welcome! I will definitely check in when I have any updates.

mcgalla replied to Colorado115's response:
If you don't want to try acupuncture try going to a chiropractor. They can try acupressure which is where they apply gentle pressure with their hands on pressure points that will give you similar benefits to the acupuncture but without the needles. Also, during your pregnancy there shouldn't be too many times you get poked with a needle (usually just twice, once in the beginning for bloodwork and another when you get the glucose test). A good book to get is the newest version of "What to expect when you're expecting" which will give you details about all the testing you can get done during your pregnancy because not all of them are required and you have a choice on whether you want them done because some come with risks so just keep that in mind.

Try different prenatals to find one more gentle on your stomach and take it when you are eating a good sized meal to help digest it better.

Looking forward to your updates
Carrie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 31, a mother to two beautiful girls! Gracie is 9 and Hannah is 6. I have a wonderful girlfriend who is also my best friend and we hope to have ba...More

Helpful Tips

The Endo Bath :) Here it is ladies! I hope it helps you relax just a bit!
There is nothing better than a hot, soothing bath to relieve the aches and pains of endometriosis. Most of us have pain relievers on hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.