Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Does anyone else have this issue and what do you know about it?
Auren posted:
I have never had regular periods even with birth control therapies and have endometriosis and a chronic cystic problem. I also have one severed fallopian tube due to a cyst removal surgery about 7 years ago.[br>[br>[br>I was on Tri-Sprintec and I had started having problems with my period being inconstant. Starting and stopping but that cycle would continue for two weeks at a time. It would almost be like having 2 periods a month. So, I went two months like that before I decided to quit my birth control. I quit in the end of October after my last pill pack. Since then I haven't had a full period. Yes, I am sexually active with my boyfriend. We have been using condoms and the amount of sexual activity has been minimal due to my sexual health concerns. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I also haven't had any overt symptoms of pregnancy.[br>[br>My current issues are that I have developed almost a chronic heartburn, have next to no period, middle/lower back pain,i have a constant fullness in the pelvic/lower abdomen region and am feeling painless muscle spasms that almost feel like someone rolling a rolling pin inside me and it's random. I don't even know how to explain it. And the location of this feeling just happens to be right around the c-section scar from my cyst removal surgery so many years ago. I haven't seen my doctor in the last 2 1/2 months but I am going to make an appointment soon because this is starting to worry me with my medical history. I was just wondering if anyone else out there is having problems like this and what they know about it.

mcgalla responded:
Definitely see your doctor since you have a lot of symptoms going on here. Your period may be "out of whack" at the moment since you stopped the bcps. It might take a few cycles until it gets regular again or whatever is regular for your body. I used to get my period twice in a month sometimes which is typically not normal but endo is so weird it can cause anything to happen and I see my obgyn pretty often so there wasn't any cause for concern. But it is always good to get something like that checked out because it isn't supposed to be normal. Also pregnancy tests can come back negative in the first couple of months when you are in fact pregnant so you might want to take one again or mention it to your doctor so they can check for you. You probably aren't pregnant though, its just good to be on the safe side. Also, I always recommend taking a good women's multivitamin when you are sexually active even if you are not trying to get pregnant and you are trying to prevent it. Just in case it were to happen its very important to have those vitamins (especially folic acid) in your body for the baby at the moment of conception.

Good luck with everything and let us know how your doctor appt goes. And let us know if you have any other questions. Hope this helps!
Carrie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a very active and fit 27 year old and thought getting pregnant when my husband and I decided the time was right would be easy. Boy, was I wrong! ...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.