Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Possibly have all my mothers issues :(
HoustonH posted:
Hi, my name is Heather and I'm 20, I am so happy I found this because I've been having a lot of problems. For years I have had horible pain in my stomach and was told by my woman doctor it was nothing. I moved to Missouri and got a male doctor and he is surpised becasue he believes I not only have Endometriosis but could also have another issue my mom had which was almost complete infertility (she was told at 17 she would never have kids then at 20 was told she had limited lime). I really want to have kids but am scared because everyone is trying to set me up for the worse and I just am tired of hearing the negative. Sorry for writing a lot but I needed somewhere to talk and am happy I can talk to people with similar problems.

brandib01 responded:
am glad you found this site.
endo does not equal no babies trust me. i was told the same thing but i now have a 3 month old. it took awhile but obviously it is possible and there are quite a few other girls one that also just had a baby and another who is about to pop that all have endo.

i always suggest trying to see a reproductive endocronologist as a doctor even if you are not looking to get pregnant now since endo can cause infertiltiy they usually have the most experience with endo.

also there is no way to diagnose endo without a lap surgery
you are doing good already by taking your health into your own hands.

what other symptoms have you had? i.e how are your periods are they heavy regular irregular etc.

stomach pains unfortuantely in women can be alot of things. dont get scared yet..

we will be here to help you through it.
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

HoustonH replied to brandib01's response:
Thank you, that is encouraging, I dont really have heavy periods but they are really irregular. Another thing my doctor noticed is that having sex makes it worse, and sex in general can be painful, that was one thing that stood out to him. I only am nevous because of the fact that my mother and both her sisters had it and I know it is a genetic thing. Lately though its been feeling like the right side of my stomach in the lower pat is exploding, and I get dizzy real easy.

brandib01 replied to HoustonH's response:
would def suggest seeing a doctor if the pain is getting worse and more often. we cannot list docotrs on here but my email is listed in my bio and i would be happy to see if i can help any. i see your username says houston i do not know if you are currently in the houston area or if its just a name you picked lol... but i do live in the houston area as well and have a couple doctors i could refer you to. just let me know...
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

HoustonH replied to brandib01's response:
Actually the Houston is for my future last name, im getting married in a month. But thank you, I'm trying to see my doctor but he seems to be really busy and can't get me in till May.

Spotlight: Member Stories

At 16, I lost my left ovary and tube to an aggressive cyst (8cm) that destroyed both and caused them to twist. I was told then that I'd never be a...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.