Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Blocked Tubes
BlockedCuriosity posted:
I'm not really sure if this falls into this discussion area, but I'm hopeful that someone can give me some information.
Ok so I was having some pains with certain activities and they got worse. I went to my dr and they decided to do a laporscopy to see what was wrong. Apparently my appendix was leaking slowly which was causing the pain. But it was also cause my organs to mend together. At the time I was trying to get pregnant(This was about a year and a half ago), so some test were done to make sure that was still possible. Turns out it was not. I have one fully blocked tube and the other is partially blocked. I was told that there is a surgery that I could get done that would unblock my tubes, but it wouldnt last and could cause a tubal pregnancy. I'm just wondering if anyone else has this same issue and if there is anyone who could give me some advice on what I should do.

mcgalla responded:
Hi and welcome to the board! I don't have much info on blocked tubes but I'm hoping someone else in this board may be able to provide you with more info. I usually find success with google-ing any questions I have and get info that way. So all the advice I can really give you is to make sure you explore all of your options before making your decision. You might want to try the TTC board on webmd as well. I have heard other women say they had success with getting their tubes unblocked but unfortunately they can become blocked again. I'll try to see if I can get more info on this topic for you. Good luck with making your decision and I hope I can help you out more
Carrie

brandib01 responded:
agree with carrie. i had a minor blockage in one of my tubes but it was cleared when they did the dye test to check for it..

i am a complete pregnancy optomist.. i tried for 6 years and managed to get pg by surprise with both my tubes fused to other organs... do not give up hope but like carrie said you are more than welcome here this board is not just for endo as most of us have multiple female issues but from experience the TTC boards on here are wonderfulif you try the ones for women who have been trying awile like the TTC 12 months they usually have alot more insight than the new ones where the women get pg right away without issues.

if you have any other questions let me know.

i have tried almost all ways lol..
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 24 years old. I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 16 and endometriosis in December 2009 after having a LAP, among several other things. I al...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.