Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
endo or something else???
notsure99 posted:
Hello all... I'm new to the board and new to having women issues as well and am hoping for some suggestions on where to go next. For a while I have had a pain on my left side bikini line. It is always in the same spot. The dr did feel a little lump there and decided to do an ultrasound. There was nothing that showed up on the ultrasound except I have a very tilted uterus. I really notice the pain if I have a full stomach or bladder so he decided he wanted to do a ct scan and make sure there was nothing wrong with my digestive system, again nothing came up. he did mention endo and the lacrospcy. I've always had painful periods. I've also noticed that there has been a pain in my lower left side of my back.. I'm thinking of getting a second opinion before I decide about surgery. Has anyone had the same pain and it be anythign else?

brandib01 responded:
welcome to the board.

i am sorry you are not feeling well..
i had the same pain on my right side but it turned out to be a cyst from pcos which then led them to look further because it occured so often and they found the endo.
my periods were always painful and heavy but i always thought it was normal because that is just how it always was and since everyone complained about periods and cramps i figured"hey they must have the same issues" not so much.

unfortunately having surgery is just a choice you will have to make on your own. but there is no other way to diagnose endo without it.
i will not minimize it because all surgery can come with complications but in general an explaroatory lap takes a couple hours and has a down time of maybe a week or two depending on how it goes. if you look in the tips area there is a coulpe ones on what to expect before and after a lap.

i dont think i helped much ha ha but if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! My name is Jenna, I am 24, and I have been married for a little over four years now to my best friend. We have a 3yo Russell Terrier, Roland &q...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.